The Departed 6/10

Dead Man's Shoes 8/10

Edited by Gocab

Guest bitroast

The Taking of Deborah Logan. meh.

hehehe.

always a good sign when the poster says "from the producer of.. " like anyone looks at that and thinks "oh he's good!!".

The_Taking_of_Deborah_Logan.png

I've been meaning to watch that for a while but my bird's nan has dementia and I fear it'll fuck her up, need to do it alone probably.

Jupiter Ascending - Had some corny dialogue but a lot of cool fantasy sci-fi stuff and far from the worst movie ever made. Undeserving of the levels of disdain it received.

Jupiter Ascending - Had some corny dialogue but a lot of cool fantasy sci-fi stuff and far from the worst movie ever made. Undeserving of the levels of disdain it received.

watched it last night, thought the story was some atrocious fairy tale like nonsense. the action sequences were just confusing, hard to follow what was getting shot at and by who. the visual scale of the thing was impressive though, and very well executed, even if I didn't quite dig the aesthetic at times, some of it was nice though. also, the big idea behind everything was just as retarded as the human battery nonsense from the matrix.

just finished watching Inherent Vice, not sure what to make of it at all. Left me very non-plussed indeed. I think I liked it though, want to watch it again, interested to read the book as well. Great atmosphere. Music was great. Was shot really well, as expected. Story was very hard to follow though, was hard enough keeping track of the names of all the characters.

Edited by caze

Dead Man's Shoes is mint, uber intense, funny & despairing. If you enjoyed that check out A Room For Romeo Brass.

The scene at the seaside where the moods shift to sickeningly menacing is S Meadows at his best

Nottingham/10

PaxEmce.png

check this heavy dose of pimping: life story of iceberg slim told by himself, his wife, his other wife, with 3 daughters and a bunch of other characters. pretty interesting, but they also make him out to be like this great literary figure when all his did was "beat his bitches".

Avengers: Age of Ultron [3D] - I don't know because I was over tired and kept nodding off, will have to watch it again... seemed good though

The wolf of Wall Street - just a fucking mess/10

Same old rags to riches plot.

Too much coke, pills and pussy, just a story summing up man kind really, not happy enough. Always wanting more. Fucking and getting fucked. It was like watching scarface minus the bullets. Oh yeah and too long too.

Edited by sine nomine

All This Mayhem

Skateboarding docu about these 2 young Aussie brothers who came and dominated the US skate scene for a few years, battling with Hawk, living the life etc. but then their lives start going so incredibly down the toilet it's hard to salvage anything with a plunger

It's funny, i had never heard of them, yet was vaguely familiar with the Skate scene back in the day - but it slightly touches on the fact that they were ostracized from the community, or rather the big companies who were making money off the sport

harrowing tale of what the drugs will do to you if you let them/10

Maggie 6 (7)/10

Well, it's a movie about a terminally ill girl disguised as a zombie movie. It was okay when you compare it to other zombie movies. It was pretty cool seeing Arnold in a serious role, but he didn't really do much. Most of the time he just had a thousand yard-sad-stare look on his face. But there was something cool about seeing him in a movie like this. He actually has a pretty cool old-man face now. I dig it.

just watched It Follows.

I dunno, not really feeling it. I want to like it more but it just didn't do enough. yes, the cinematography is lush, the soundtrack is quality, and the core fear is one that really could have had claws in you if it was played better... but for me it just wasn't. and I personally hate that sickly-sweet teen horror shit. grown-ass adults watching kids fuck around and getting the fear is just... goofy.

it does play off the idea of guilt after random sex, which to me is more ripe for horror exploitation than the STD thing. also the ruins of decaying Detroit really drew my attention, wish that could've been worked in somehow other than just for eyecandy.

I'm sympathetic to this movie, and it is definitely above par in the genre, but it just didn't do enough. this covers what it was trying to do in less than 4 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

Watched scanners last night. I really wanted to like it because I like a lot of David Cronenberg's other work but this really fell flat and felt very amateurish. Like, the acting was terrible, the story was a little incohesive and the pacing was pretty terrible. Of course the head explosion scene was really great but the film pretty much blew it's load in the first 20 minutes. Idk, if anyone can explain why this film is considered a classic, it'd be much appreciated.

just watched It Follows.

I dunno, not really feeling it. I want to like it more but it just didn't do enough. yes, the cinematography is lush, the soundtrack is quality, and the core fear is one that really could have had claws in you if it was played better... but for me it just wasn't. and I personally hate that sickly-sweet teen horror shit. grown-ass adults watching kids fuck around and getting the fear is just... goofy.

it does play off the idea of guilt after random sex, which to me is more ripe for horror exploitation than the STD thing. also the ruins of decaying Detroit really drew my attention, wish that could've been worked in somehow other than just for eyecandy.

I'm sympathetic to this movie, and it is definitely above par in the genre, but it just didn't do enough. this covers what it was trying to do in less than 4 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

its like the 2015 equivalent of Play Misty For Me aka a cautionary tale about casual sex in an era where a lot of people are having a lot of casual sex.

the exploding head, pretty much.

And anything with Ironside in automatically borders on cult status, the head 'splode pushes it over.

the talented mr. ripley - wow matt damon is a bad actor/jude law has a hott butt

I saw Jude Law walking through Soho the other day, like seeing most actors I was struck by how short he was but whilst not being a fan of his work I will admit that he's a good looking bloke. Almost ran him down.