Superman (1979) - this was on tv last night, man it's boring. The butterfly collars and mustard shirts are still classic, but I can't imagine kids sitting thru Lex Luthor talking about real estate plans these days. Superman II was the better film.

Superman 4 is the one where he gets drunk, right? I still need to watch that one[/quote

That was 3 I believe, the Richard Pryor episode.

Superman 4 is the one where he gets drunk, right? I still need to watch that one

That was 3 I believe, the Richard Pryor episode

The Alchemist Cookbook 9/10

had this on me 'ard drive for too long, cheers for the reminder

I didn't finish it on first viewing, it's a real slow burner, bit of a Jim Jarmuschy feel with the intense study of a down and out, with added horror elements. Was more in the second time and thoroughly enjoyed it. His other two films Ape and Buzzard are well worth a watch too.

Edited by AJW

Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter

I thought this would be a proper authentic film, not the result of two mates watching Fargo for the 84th time and one making the joke; ha, wouldn't it be funny if someone out there watched this film and actually thought the briefcase hidden in the snow was still there ready to be found. And the other replies; ha!! Yeah, but no one would believe an American would be so stupid as to not be able to distinguish fiction from reality..let's make them Japanese! So goes the story of a 29 year old woman, who lives on her own, so has gone through the process of renting or acquiring property, and has a job, so has gone through the process of searching and applying and being functional enough in an interview to get the role, and has a pet rabbit she looks after, so has gone through the process of understanding what her pet needs and attending to it. All simple stuff perhaps! (or maybe she got help) But then so is understanding the concept of television and film and fiction itself. This is mental illness wrapped up in adorable quirk, it's not exploring anything, it's an extension of people not being able to shut the fuck up about Fargo.

I still liked some of it, the stillness of the shots, the silence. But then it'd try to convince you the lead cannot comprehend that stealing a credit card, disappearing across the world and continuing to use the card will prompt it to be cancelled, while at the same time being competent enough to search and book a flight to Minnesota in America and making it there. Because it makes her more cute to fail to understand doesn't it ? I get it ! She lived a lonely life, the lack of connections with people gave her little self worth so channels all her energy into a fabricated mission of absolute importance she convinced herself was real while deep down knowing it wasn't, a constructed illusion that's more comforting to indulge in than facing real life. Or some people just love Fargo too much and won't shut up about it.

If it was a proper film she wouldn't discover any treasure and then would walk back to the nearest road and step in front of a moving truck. Though she probably died in the snow way back and everything after is just wish fulfillment.

The 3 whole stars are for the scene where she feeds her rabbit noddles because it was adorable.

the blackcoats daughter-watched this after the redlettermedia recommendation ,my kind of horror,satanic,creepy,slow,twists,everything from peoples reactions,to timeline events just seems a bit off and weird,sort of like rosemarys baby,but more violent,will keep an eye out for oz perkins in the future,also his brother did the soundtrack which is really well done,love the backwards footsteps 8-10

Finally watched my bluray of Mind Game, the debut film of Masaaki Yuasa. Absolute masterpiece. The last time I watched it was at 144p on Youtube. Nice to see everything as it was meant to be.

Finally watched my bluray of Mind Game, the debut film of Masaaki Yuasa. Absolute masterpiece. The last time I watched it was at 144p on Youtube. Nice to see everything as it was meant to be.

still waiting for my copy... :(

did you backed it up on kickstarter or bought it elsewhere?

i watched "how to kill a sacred deer" and i really liked it!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

three billboards outside ebbing was not good. i guess in bruges was a fluke.

Just watched this the other night. Can agree. Was not good. It wasn’t bad. It just was. It could have never been made and the world would never have noticed.

Watched The Disaster Artist as well. That’s worth a watch.

true romance - i think i watched this in high school and thought it was cool. rewatched again and it kinda sucks, apart from gary oldman's 7 minutes as the wigger which are very entertaining. it is better than natural born killers however.

sideways - pretty good. thomas haden church is funny because he talks like an idiot.

wish upon - the RLM guys said this was worth watching because it was so bad but actually it wasn't entertaining at all and was just retarded and stupid.

she's all that - fucking classic. "check out the bobos on superfreak" - paul walker RIP

wish upon - the RLM guys said this was worth watching because it was so bad but actually it wasn't entertaining at all and was just retarded and stupid.

Disappointing news.

Edited by doublename

i'll let you in on a secret: the rlm guys don't really know what they're talking about.

i'll let you in on a secret: the rlm guys don't really know what they're talking about.

yeah duh but they were so enthusiastic i guess i was convinced. it was probably fun to watch with your friends you do a youtube thing with while drinking ipas from wisconsin. it was not fun to watch when you have the flu and youre cold and miserable in finland. mike's taste is even worse than nick mullen's and that is very hard to top

The_Post_%28film%29.png

booooooooooooring. honestly, i knew nothing about what the story was about and after watching about 20 minutes i realized i didn't care. hanks owns a newspaper. streep works for a newspaper (not sure if the same one). i think they were either lovers or co-workers because they meet for drinks. they discuss something (boring). then tom hanks goes back to the office and decides to publish something (who cares?). he tells a kid to go tell another guy to publish that thing. it's published.

at streep's office a bunch of dudes wait for her in a meeting- then they talk and not let her talk (coz she's a woman). then they seem pissed about something (who knows?). 

i left the theater after that / 10

Edited by Nebraska

61a5VD2iBiL.jpg

these four babes on the cover are raped by "the syndicate". one of them is so traumatized she commits suicide. the others decide to avenge her death. but how do they get weapons to go against the syndicate? spoilers: by stripping. sorry.

this is so bad it's terrible, but it reminded me a lot of mid-90s olen ray or wynorski.

six g-strings and a pole out of ten

Edited by Nebraska