IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

cheetaht7 is lossless, yummy

Love that track, reminds me of Bwoon Dub and Bodmin3. I do prefer it pitched up by 20% though, I'm pretty sure Rich gave us a [slo] version.

Zip would be great! Or an updated version of that Mega cloud dump, if that user is still updating it?

yup yup yup, just finished updating it, i've yet to update the tracks in AFX Faves Selekta and SAW 1.5 folders with the downloadable versions though: https://mega.co.nz/#F!3gYymAzK!aZe522FHKo1CksVCPpF_dw

seems Phlid and Inthesky are the only tracks not downloadable as of yet, so those are still 128kbps stream rips. this is such a beautiful event :catcry:

Haven't updated my files in ages because I was afraid things would get too messy and I would lose track if I started including streamrips, but I guess now would be a good time to trawl through the whole thing again, if I can find the time one of these days. :w00t:

Zip would be great! Or an updated version of that Mega cloud dump, if that user is still updating it?

yup yup yup, just finished updating it, i've yet to update the tracks in AFX Faves Selekta and SAW 1.5 folders with the downloadable versions though: https://mega.co.nz/#F!3gYymAzK!aZe522FHKo1CksVCPpF_dw

seems Phlid and Inthesky are the only tracks not downloadable as of yet, so those are still 128kbps stream rips. this is such a beautiful event :catcry:

Awesome, thanks so much for doing that! Makes it tons easier to update my files :)

i'm just so happy i don't have to listen on soundpuke to them anymore, day and night difference

50 new tracks you guys, i won't be buying much new stuff the next month's

Few new stories I hadn't spotted on there, apologies if old... on African Rhyt, Sekonda and Bellbrk

Nice! Man, I'd love that Pendulum gig released properly!

Just for posterity:

African Rhyt

Paul Guntrip RIP brought me&me mates attention to this mikey dread album with all the now famous samples, he used to drop them in over his dj set, amazing DJ, big inspiration, we were lucky down in the depths of cornwall to have him come down and play us stuff we probably never would have heard.

I gave him some of my VERY early demos that i havnt even given to anyone else or SC yet and he gave me some really useful crit, even though i was a bit hurt by it at the time, was a good kik

Sekonda

Yes Steve Reich vibes 4 sure, was very interesting meeting him a couple of years ago, he REALLY wanted to release my Pendulum array re-work which was a huge compliment on nonsuch but i never got around to sorting it out...

Had an initial super good long conversation with him in Poland,

picked each others brains and kind of forget where we were..still got lots of things buzzing around inside my head from it..but then we said our goodbyes thinking we would probably never meet each other again but was really funny/odd because my girlfriend and I just KEPT bumping into him, party in a polish bar, around the festival, the airport lounge, transport bus, on the plane in the arrival lounge, it got really embarrasing, by the end I was like look im fucking sick of seeing your face mate! [ jokingly ]

Bellbrk

1989-91

used to swim in this lake when i was a kid, then one hot summer, farmers drained it and it was full of dead horses, cows, sheep, rusty bikes and cars...Carn Marth...wondered why the water tasted funny.

Did anyone notice that the CHEETAHT7 Teac track is a WAV instead of a mp3 file?

Can't listen to it now though so don't know if qiality is much better or not?

It was mentioned a few times on the last page...

Also, pagebreak posterity:

African Rhyt

Paul Guntrip RIP brought me&me mates attention to this mikey dread album with all the now famous samples, he used to drop them in over his dj set, amazing DJ, big inspiration, we were lucky down in the depths of cornwall to have him come down and play us stuff we probably never would have heard.

I gave him some of my VERY early demos that i havnt even given to anyone else or SC yet and he gave me some really useful crit, even though i was a bit hurt by it at the time, was a good kik

Sekonda

Yes Steve Reich vibes 4 sure, was very interesting meeting him a couple of years ago, he REALLY wanted to release my Pendulum array re-work which was a huge compliment on nonsuch but i never got around to sorting it out...

picked each others brains and kind of forget where we were..still got lots of things buzzing around inside my head from it..but then we said our goodbyes thinking we would probably never meet each other again but was really funny/odd because my girlfriend and I just KEPT bumping into him, party in a polish bar, around the festival, the airport lounge, transport bus, on the plane in the arrival lounge, it got really embarrasing, by the end I was like look im fucking sick of seeing your face mate! [ jokingly ]

Bellbrk

1989-91

used to swim in this lake when i was a kid, then one hot summer, farmers drained it and it was full of dead horses, cows, sheep, rusty bikes and cars...Carn Marth...wondered why the water tasted funny.

Did anyone notice that the CHEETAHT7 Teac track is a WAV instead of a mp3 file?

Can't listen to it now though so don't know if qiality is much better or not?

It was mentioned a few times on the last page...

Also, pagebreak posterity:

African Rhyt

Sekonda

Bellbrk

1989-91

My bad.

Great to read these new stories though!

does anyone else feel like they've overlooked richard's actual label releases recently in lieu of the dump?

Awesome, thanks so much for doing that! Makes it tons easier to update my files :)

no probs my dude

Edited by realthanks

does anyone else feel like they've overlooked richard's actual label releases recently in lieu of the dump?

CCAI pt.2 to a small degree, yes.

That MARCHROMT30A single? big time (then again I played the bejesus out of MARCHROMT30A when it was japanese bonus material).

The new batch is almost completely downloadable :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Wow, I was just listening a few oldies and scrolled back up and saw it, thought I was imagining it! OH YES :music::music::music:

I think only Phlid is missing, but yeah, already released so no suprise there :)

...And Cheetah7 in .wav too!

Thanks Richard!

Few new stories I hadn't spotted on there, apologies if old... on African Rhyt, Sekonda and Bellbrk

Nice! Man, I'd love that Pendulum gig released properly!

Just for posterity:

African Rhyt

Sekonda

Bellbrk

1989-91

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I noticed T08+4 has this in the ID3 comments tag

"T08+4 rx11,dr110,tx16w, RiDrum TK09,basimilus iteritas,bx20e,emt,,etc etc etc etc etc etc"

Edited by jsmcpn