IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

He's right!

MhzGVz0.png

"more additional"

very fucking excited for this

super duper awesome mega great news. open the floodgates afx, you're spoiling us.

as much as i love his back catalogue, i do wish he'd release another computer controlled acoustic instruments type release too. the possibilites of that set-up is endless. moar please!

me too, but im hoping his next one has some faster programming happening especially in the drum department. I was expecting the EP to blow away squarepusher's music for robots (especially after Richard was knocking it a bit) but I was underwhelmed in the sense that for robot controlled drumming, most of the drumming (if not all of it) could have sounded the same if played by a human. Squarepusher or Aphex needs to make the first drill and bass track played on an acoustic drum set soon imo. ITs still very interesting for what it is (instead of what i expected it to be) but its hard not to feel like its a semi missed opporunity

Edited by John Ehrlichman

He's right!

MhzGVz0.png

"more additional"

I read that as more additional versions of Cheetah, as it was in response to someone saying he dug both Cheetah tracks. Not that I'd be suprised if he got more stuff upcoming though :)

so let's see, saw 1 re-release w/ alternate versions, sosw2, best of soundcloud release, cheetah EP, mike+rich re-release w/ extra tracks.

Plus who knows whatever original music is on the back-burner for release, since all this soundcloud stuff is cherry-picked as stuff he wouldn't want to release physically. Makes me think there's another few folders on his computer he's chucking other material into that he does want to release.

He's right!

MhzGVz0.png

"more additional"

I read that as more additional versions of Cheetah, as it was in response to someone saying he dug both Cheetah tracks. Not that I'd be suprised if he got more stuff upcoming though :)

thats how i read it too ^^. doesnt matter, great news no matter what :-)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Wow thought I'd been listening to everything on the profile as soon as it went up/as soon as I was aware of it - seem to have somehow completely missed '11 Phlid 2'. Listening to it for the first time now - was this hidden before or something? Confused that I missed it. This track is fucking fantastic.

Guest Londonskater

Nah, it was always there.

It has actually been released before on a cover mount cassette tape...there has been a crappy rip of it out there forever.

Guest Londonskater

Call me cynical, but there's no way he'll release all of that.

Cynical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how he has loads of plans for releases but he doesn't even have his own label anymore, massive shame.

You really don't need your own label to release stuff anymore these days... sure, it helps, but with his popularity, he could self-release and do just fine.

Absolutely, but he seems to like having some sort of umbrella to put it all under, doesn't he? I mean, he could have bandcamped all of this dump, but without a label, he just does the wonderful thing of giving us free SC downloads.

When he talks of future releases, I imagine he means Warp, but they trickle everything out, which is why he went the 'oh fuck it, I'll just dump it here' route as it was quicker. Read through the older and newer interviews, and you get the idea of where he's coming from in regards to putting it all out.

so let's see, saw 1 re-release w/ alternate versions, sosw2, best of soundcloud release, cheetah EP, mike+rich re-release w/ extra tracks.

Plus who knows whatever original music is on the back-burner for release, since all this soundcloud stuff is cherry-picked as stuff he wouldn't want to release physically. Makes me think there's another few folders on his computer he's chucking other material into that he does want to release.

And let's not forget this track which he has stated to be earmarked for release

honestly can't wait for this one, it's just a banger!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

Edited by Time Tourist

Yeah, I keep feeling like a new apex twin release should be announced by warp any day now- but then again, I've been thinking the next Burial record is a week away for two years.

surprised very few have been been posting masterings of these. some people may not have read richard commented that many of these songs need eqing, seemingly inviting us to do it. sline seems to do quite well with some eqing. will post what i did eventually.

Edited by very honest

Mike P did a few and they were great. I think Pretend Analog could use some cleaning up, even though it's a gorgeous track (nearly brought me to tears!).

What??? When did he say that?

I think that was when someone asked if it was a squarepusher track and if it was going to be released. Rich replied "yes and no" to which you can assign different meanings. I took it to mean, "yes this is squarepusher, no it wont be released" but you could see it the other way.

I think that was when someone asked if it was a squarepusher track and if it was going to be released. Rich replied "yes and no" to which you can assign different meanings. I took it to mean, "yes this is squarepusher, no it wont be released" but you could see it the other way.

I take it the same way you do.

yes squarepusher, no release. Squarepusher also played this track at the warp20 show where he said he was playing exclusively his own (and mostly) unreleased material...

4 mins in

Edited by StephenG