IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else get the (vague) impression that Column 13 is an amalgam of like 3 different songs from Oversteps? Almost like they were able to”remix” three or more different songs into one new one??

I still have to listen to all end in its entirety.

First time I gave it a listen was on a bus ride where I learnt that my gf's mother just died. In a way it was a fitting soundtrack to that brutal, sad news. But it also left me without wanting to hear it ever again.

I've been listening to all of NTS shuffled in with some other stuff on my phone, so I don't think I've listened to every track yet. first I heard all end while I was running and I didn't even notice it was an hour long track. that and the endorphins being released put me into this trance, just felt beautiful. normally I like faster tracks while exercising to keep a sort of pace with the tempo

am·bi·ent mu·sic

noun

noun: ambient

1. a style of gentle, largely electronic instrumental music with no persistent beat, used to create or enhance a mood or atmosphere.

I'd describe ambient as beatless or minimal percussion, and extending longer then 10 minutes

Edited by Ovitus

you know, tbh I thought they had kindof half-assed allot of these tracks, but then again it was all done live on radio. it has some great rawness to it, not overly developed at all. perfect. we need another AMA with these guys. what about other musicians, can we pull BoC out of their silo?

you know, tbh I thought they had kindof half-assed allot of these tracks, but then again it was all done live on radio.

I'm 100% sure they stated the NTS sessions were pre-recorded tho