IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

nineFLY has grown on me so much in the past few days. icari is such a satisfying journey as well.

Really hope they announce a tour tomorrow/this week, need to hear these songs live ASAP.

i've actually gotten used to having 2 new hours of AE every week. this has become the new normal. now it's going to be like going cold turkey. AE withdrawls.

A lot of the amorphous NTS 3 is growing on me. I'm still not certain it's top echelon because my perspective is - is icari really bringing it for 19+ minutes? etc. Same issue with t1a1, which is really really like. Some of the really long tracks are slow burns ... and I guess don't feel epic, although I enjoy Ae basically releasing the full iteration of their ideas for a track (which these are).  There's enough mindblowing shit interpersed that all NTS' are great releases, I'm just not ready to call some of these 15+ minute tracks (other than violvoic) on par with the best tracks in the catalogue.

i've actually gotten used to having 2 new hours of AE every week. this has become the new normal. now it's going to be like going cold turkey. AE withdrawls.

cute for an aetism withdrawal:

-old live soundboards

-gescumm

-raemixes

-laundromats

glos ceramic is really sproggin my noggin right now

Ok... so... now I've listened to 1 & 2 a bunch and... I started to like it so much... I got scared to listen to session 3.

In all honesty, I've been dealing with some anxiety issues lately and I genuinely got stressed out about listening to 3. Like I knew I HAD to before 4 came out... or I'd get even more stressed (why? I'm just really good at stressing out and worrying about... well... everything).

Anyway... I managed to listen to it yesterday and like everything anxiety related, actually going ahead and doing the thing is a lot less stressful than the build up leading to it.

I think I'm stressing out about not giving myself the ideal first-time listening experience?

Anyway... I'm DEFINITELY gonna set aside a nice, relaxing time to listen to 4 so I can fully absorb myself into it for the first listen. I haven't wanted to do that for any new release in many years.

One thing that is definitely changing the more I listen to it: at first, it seemed really sparse, but now I realise that it has an ENORMOUS amount of intricate detail, it's just more subtle. It's not all super compressed and in your face like Exai and Elseq (not that those are bad because of it, it's just different).

I also feel like it's mixed a lot more carefully than Elseq. It makes Elseq seem like a practice-run for this, which is the main event. NTS feels so much more mature and carefully mixed and constructed than just about anything else they've done, or at least for a long time. It's really, really fucking good. There's also no SUPER NOISY harshness, it still feels to me like one of the easier listens, because it's so consistent, and just about every track has some kind of hip-hop based beats

I do find it a little bit cold though. There's not really any warm pretty melodies fluttering about here... maybe they saved it all for part 4 :P But... while it certainly has some dark and haunting moments, it's mostly very playful, which again, makes it surprisingly easy to listen to.

Anyway... I haven't felt this excited about an album in a long time... I know I'm probably not contributing to the conversation with anything useful/insightful... just felt like sharing my love for this <3

I think I'm stressing out about not giving myself the ideal first-time listening experience?

I find that the times I try to artificially create some nice "first time listening experience" memory for myself it never goes well, and that they can only come naturally on accident and you only know months later whether it was a good one.  So I try to not overthink it anymore and just relax and enjoy

I dont care about first time listening situation regarding new ae because they allways grow with repeated listening. I am confident the first listen will not be the best experience. It is a bit special with the NTS broadcasts though as it is such an event.

Hey springymajig i feel you, thanks for your review.

Anxiety is a bitch and depression is an asshole, but thanks music gods, we have Ae !

<3

Wake up to NTS4 and Dirty Computer tomorrow, xmas eve feels right now!

Shame I've had to skip the live radio experience, wee small hours weeknight in my timezone.

I legit just realized it's the 26th here in Australia, the newborn is tearing me to shreds man! my delirium will definitely hit tonight and session 4 will be a treat

My sack is tingling I'm exaeited bout it.

May you all have a wonderful listen tonight peeps... Gonnnnnnnnnkkkk

a lot of nts' tracks reminds me of tracks from maddocks' set on one16... quite tight and menacing. i guess ae boyz liked his set and decided to bring the game to the higher level

at the very least we potentially got some new live bootlegs to look forward to. maybe even official onesix release after the dates. thumbs pressed.

Edited by jaderpansen

Re: first time listens:

It's been so long (prior to NTS) that I totally forgot that feeling of listening to new Ae.

It's like getting into bed with a woman who turns out to be way kinkier than you thought, and she starts doing some shit that's like really weird, like she sticks a finger in your butt.

Now, right then and there you feel violated, wrong. You think maybe this time you've gone too far. But a couple days later you get back in bed with her and you're like alright bring on the finger play.

So I guess what I'm saying is, bring on the scat play, boys.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I broke my neck while head-banging on dummy casual pt. 2

Lol so accurate, every time this one comes on I involuntarily start flailing around and continue for the duration of the track. Gets me so hyped up