Question for people who bought the tape.

Will you actually ever listen to it?

More appropriately, can you listen to it (who has a tape deck these days)?

I posted a thread asking this question a while back. Overwhelmingly most people have a means to playback cassettes

Yup Joyboss, there has been a somewhat big tape revival phenomenon which begun a couple of years ago, mostly thanks to small indie labels. The tape thing never left the true underground scene (sic) but it has now resurfaced for the masses. fletcher's question is legitimate though since there is some hipster element absent too. Makes your shelfie look better.

It's funny - we haven't had a tape deck for ages, and just recently my wife bought a walkman off eBay to listen to some old cassettes she had...

Fun Fact™ - I haven't had a record player for about 10+ years now... wondering why I still have loads of vinyl.

Beyond my MacBook Pro and PlayStation, I have no means of playing audio CDs (my current car doesn't have a CD player). Have loads of CDs still as well.

Personally, I'm kinda done with physical formats - I think as you get older, you start to let go of physical things for the most part.

so my vinyl sounds like ass. Don’t worry I’m not going to go into any autistic I’m the customer I’m owed things rant but has anyone had any luck with good sounding vinyl and where did you order it from. My shit one came from boomlet

Mine sounds great. Ordered through the Aphex bleepstore.

so my vinyl sounds like ass. Don’t worry I’m not going to go into any autistic I’m the customer I’m owed things rant but has anyone had any luck with good sounding vinyl and where did you order it from. My shit one came from boomlet

It's a manufacturing defect, so it's likely to be affecting certain batches. I'm guessing it's a bad stamper or something like that, but I don't think there's any particular way to avoid it by doing anything.

For what it's worth, Warp are sending out a replacement for me today (for which I am really surprised and thankful for—they're not obliged to replace since I bought from Norman, so they're going above and beyond here.)

Might be worth getting in touch with them man, seriously.

did you contact bleep or warp

It's a manufacturing defect, so it's likely to be affecting certain batches. I'm guessing it's a bad stamper or something like that, but I don't think there's any particular way to avoid it by doing anything.

For what it's worth, Warp are sending out a replacement for me today (for which I am really surprised and thankful for—they're not obliged to replace since I bought from Norman, so they're going above and beyond here.)

Might be worth getting in touch with them man, seriously.

did you contact bleep or warp

I contacted Warp, at the address in the other thread Joyrex made (can’t link as I’m replying on my phone)

It's funny - we haven't had a tape deck for ages, and just recently my wife bought a walkman off eBay to listen to some old cassettes she had...

Fun Fact™ - I haven't had a record player for about 10+ years now... wondering why I still have loads of vinyl.

Beyond my MacBook Pro and PlayStation, I have no means of playing audio CDs (my current car doesn't have a CD player). Have loads of CDs still as well.

Personally, I'm kinda done with physical formats - I think as you get older, you start to let go of physical things for the most part.

I let go of material possessions long ago. Except for vinyl and books.

And dildos

I let go of material possessions long ago. Except for vinyl and books.

And dildos

And print out of the tits thread

I got the tape and I have listened to it. It sounds great! Especially compared to the defective vinyl i bought with it. My replacement was sent out today. 11 of my 12 NTS Sessions discs had weird damage that were clearly not from shipping, i got my replacements the day after i received this defective Collapse record. I'm thankful that all of these came with WAV's.

I haven't heard one good word about the vinyl. Is it seriously THAT bad? Is it because of the mastering or the vinyl quality?

I guess I'll have to wait until they inevitably remaster it and reissue. It seems like they need to do that immediately.

I haven't heard one good word about the vinyl. Is it seriously THAT bad? Is it because of the mastering or the vinyl quality?

I guess I'll have to wait until they inevitably remaster it and reissue. It seems like they need to do that immediately.

The mastering seems good, in fact it's probably amongst the loudest cut records I own—I have to turn the gain down on my Ultralite input so it doesn't overload.

It just seems to be a manufacturing defect.

Okay that's good, would be easier to just send everyone who bought the vinyl a new one. They really need to take advantage of the popularity of the record while it lasts before people move on. Even Aphex was upset. Though he'd probably be the first person to be upset.

Okay that's good, would be easier to just send everyone who bought the vinyl a new one. They really need to take advantage of the popularity of the record while it lasts before people move on. Even Aphex was upset. Though he'd probably be the first person to be upset.

The thing is though, while it seems to be a fairly widespread issue, it also doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

I've no idea if that's because they used multiple stampers, and those of us who got duds were pressings made with that bad stamper, or if they actually are all affected and those who can't hear it just...don't hear it, for whatever reason.

The thing is though, while it seems to be a fairly widespread issue, it also doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

I've no idea if that's because they used multiple stampers, and those of us who got duds were pressings made with that bad stamper, or if they actually are all affected and those who can't hear it just...don't hear it, for whatever reason.

It would help if people could upload samples of what the defects sound like. If this already happened I apologize, keeping track of this thread is a pain.

Ah shit, I still haven't listened to my vinyl. Hope it's not bad.

That being said, wow what an excellent record this one is. T69 collapse I got kind of burnt out on w/ the video, but now listening to it again more in context of the record and it's obvious to me why it's the single. Great track. Mt1 is just amazing in full quality.

I've no idea if that's because they used multiple stampers, and those of us who got duds were pressings made with that bad stamper, or if they actually are all affected and those who can't hear it just...don't hear it, for whatever reason.

It would help if people could upload samples of what the defects sound like. If this already happened I apologize, keeping track of this thread is a pain.

I already did, but I've taken the sample down.

In any case, it sounds like excessive surface noise / crackle on the right channel only. It's very distinctive

My vinyl sound greatest.

The sleeve are perfect and all shiny.

I orders from the bleep.

I buy more records than I do the digitals.

I still like the material things called records.

Richard done an good EP.

Hope he done more like this one but long player.

My vinyl sound greatest.

I orders from the bleep.

Richard done an good EP.

vinyl missing 2 tracks though, bro.

My vinyl sound greatest.

I orders from the bleep.

Richard done an good EP.

More like 1.5 tbh

My vinyl sound greatest.

I orders from the bleep.

Richard done an good EP.

More like 1.5 tbh

Not too keen on Phtex and I like the the extra parts in the other version of T69 but think the single version flows better as a whole track.

Reporting in a bit late, but I got the ltd vinyl on release day (ordered from AFX store) and it sounds great. No defects this end, or no obvious ones at least. Guess I just got lucky.

Regardless, the EP itself is killer. Easily the best post-Syro release, can't decide if it's on par with/better than Syro yet.

1st 44 and pthex are my favourites at the mo. Lush lush lush!