IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

i guess cocaine doesn't protect against COVID

EnVTq04XUAMG_yN?format=jpg&name=medium

I just can't believe that out of all those disgraceful mofo's in that picture, the one person karma decides to take is Herman motherfuckin Cain...so many better picks than him...

if jr. dies, he will achieve martyrdom..."la santa coka" 

• Like 1

The Astra Zeneca / Oxford vaccine can be stored in a normal fridge and is 70% effective from one does (which is still better than the normal flu jab) and over 90% after 1.5 doses.

Game changer for rolling out across the world for developing countries - apparently it is already being manufactured in 10 places across the globe.  Science! Amazing.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Thanks 1

Yeah so we finally got in our nearby offshoot retirement home, went from 1 positively tested coworker to 10 plus 28 residents in less than a week. So far only one died in hospital. Our director is hiring temp workers from all across Germany and even paying for lodging n shit, but even those are getting rare these days. Yesterday she started an invocation on facebook and Hessenschau (local news) to call for help from the population, pretty much anyone who at some time wiped someone else's ass is welcome, because tomorrow 100+ additional mass testing results are expected, which will most likely mean more quarantined staff.

So yo, pretty dire. Let's see if / when it'll spill over to where i'm working...

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

From what I can gather they're mostly occuring in the central region..? I wish they'd give us more specific information. But yes. Very troubling indeed. Most of my work has shifted back online, and I'm glad my move is all done now. Wouldn't want to have pushed it any farther, especially as the movers didn't bother to wear masks...

Not a bad time of year to be cooped up indoors at least! 

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

From what I can gather they're mostly occuring in the central region..? I wish they'd give us more specific information. But yes. Very troubling indeed. Most of my work has shifted back online, and I'm glad my move is all done now. Wouldn't want to have pushed it any farther, especially as the movers didn't bother to wear masks...

Not a bad time of year to be cooped up indoors at least! 

Sounds like there's only 18 active (known) cases on the island, but 8000 in the province??  Over 800 new cases on Thurs - damn.  That's crazy.  I'm surprised Van Island has remained so unscathed.  Our chances of getting it here are still extremely remote.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

^ that's USA

nyt, looking at excess mortality, is calling the true impact around 350,000 lives lost, so far (US). 

three fifths of the deaths are over age 75, that means two fifths of the deaths are under age 75. in either case, these are deaths that would not have happened but for covid-19. yes, really. excess mortality confirms it. that's what excess mortality is.

i may never buy a tesla. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Europe - Map of regions with number of Covid-19 cases /100.000 inhabitants over 14 days:
w47_48_COVID19_EU_EEA_UK_Subnational_14d
(map is not so handy because all regions with >150 cases/100.000 inhabitants over 14 days are colored the same, while we know that some regions actually go as high as 1.000 cases /100.000 inhabitants over 14 days, which is quite a difference...)

Europe - List of countries with number of Covid-19 cases /100.000 inhabitants over 14 days:
1808778780_2020-12-03-Europe-Numbers.thumb.png.1218532babc01e732c949d72d27a1bbb.png
The pattern of how the virus is moving is not too clear to me now, but I assume it's correlated to isolation and measures taken.

Belgium:
1609697722_2020-12-03-Belgium.thumb.png.f70120c90dad9b6f23c808447a938390.png
The second wave is clearly visible now in the graphs.
The number of Covid-19 cases is going back down here because of the extra measures that were taken at the end of October.
Let's hope that Christmas and New-year don't make the numbers go back up again. (some people will absolutely want to celebrate these holidays together no matter the rules...)

Rules now here:
 - We must celebrate Christmas in ones own household bubble, but households can invite one extra person over to celebrate Christmas, and people who live alone are allowed to invite two guests.
 - No such relaxation of the rules will be applied on New Year's Eve, and fireworks will be banned.
 - Bars and restaurants remain closed.
 - Wearing a face mask in public is mandatory.
 - Winter trips and journeys to red zones are strongly discouraged.
 - Shops are allowed to reopen, but people must shop alone and for a max of 30 minutes. Disinfecting your hands and wearing a face mask are mandatory.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dingformung said:

It feels weird to enter a building without a mask at this point.

ya. i even felt triggered seeing ppl get closer than 1.50m to each other while watching queen gambit, weird. i bet once this is over it'll be a global sex orgy.

• Like 2