IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

i need to wait 16 more days to receive my second dose of the vaccine... i can't fakn wait!!!

several of my close colleagues almost died; they were young and healthy before, never smoked, very rarely drank alcohol, no drugs, exercised regularly, but they will probably have permanently injured lungs, some of them heaths too.

aaaand doctors refusing to get vaccinated?! that's the worst really! fakn morons!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, xox said:

aaaand doctors refusing to get vaccinated?! that's the worst really! fakn morons!

Yes it is weird. I saw another article this time from the wall street journal about medical professionals from around america refusing vaccines. This one seems to focus on nursing assistants. Its weird because people like this probably saw the worst of covid lots of people dying from it and providing care for them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nursing-homes-grapple-with-staff-hesitant-to-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-11608477474?mod=e2tw

Ms. Williams, 40 years old, is a certified nursing assistant at St. James Veterans Home in St. James, Mo., and she says she is unlikely to agree to get the shots, even though her son is currently ill with Covid-19. She recently watched a webcast by nursing-home doctors about the safety and benefits of the vaccines, hoping for reassurance, but came away unconvinced.

She is still worried that a vaccine might make her anemia worse, and she thinks the shots are being authorized for broad usage too quickly.

“It’s too new,” she said. “I’m just not comfortable.”

more demographic info

A survey of 1,676 U.S. adults released Dec. 15 by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 71% would definitely or probably get a Covid-19 vaccine if it was found safe by scientists and offered free. Among the groups with the highest levels of vaccine hesitancy were Republicans, people aged 30 to 49, rural residents and Black adults. Also, 29% of those who said they worked in a health-care delivery setting said they would definitely not or probably not get vaccinated.

17 hours ago, xox said:

i need to wait 16 more days to receive my second dose of the vaccine... i can't fakn wait!!!

several of my close colleagues almost died; they were young and healthy before, never smoked, very rarely drank alcohol, no drugs, exercised regularly, but they will probably have permanently injured lungs, some of them heaths too.

glad to have joined the club yesterday, experiencing no side effects whatsoever. lots of my elderly care nurse colleagues express similar concerns, tho... dunno, i think things will settle with wider availability, i absolutely can see private businesses in gastronomy, air travel, gyms etc. asking for some kind proof of immunity in the near future.

• Like 4

Official: Republican Pa. Rep. Mike Reese dies following apparent brain aneurysm, after testing positive for COVID-19

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/mike-reese-gop-house-pennsylvania-republican-covid-19-coronavirus-20210103.html

Crazy. This virus is a fucker. How did trump survive? Oh right he got airlifted to a hospital and got the best possible treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my first shot today. Never been so excited about having a needle shoved in my arm.

Actually a little surprised I was able to get a spot, as I'm not technically a patient facing healthcare worker (though I do wander the clinics for work related stuffs). I actually wondered if it was from people refusing to be vaccinated and spots opening up, but I suspect it just because my hospital system actually has its shit together.

It's funny, even a few months ago I was like "well, I'm ok waiting a few months anyway, just to see what the side effects shake out." This AM:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Got my first shot today. Never been so excited about having a needle shoved in my arm.

Actually a little surprised I was able to get a spot, as I'm not technically a patient facing healthcare worker (though I do wander the clinics for work related stuffs). I actually wondered if it was from people refusing to be vaccinated and spots opening up, but I suspect it just because my hospital system actually has its shit together.

It's funny, even a few months ago I was like "well, I'm ok waiting a few months anyway, just to see what the side effects shake out." This AM:

giphy.gif

Congrats!

Did you have to pay for it?  Just interested in how the US system for rollout is working.

Looking how far down the priority list I am, and how much of a shit storm the UK is right now, Ill be lucky to get vaccinated before Summer is out.  The NHS is overwhelmed with patients.  Im guessing vaccinations will eventually become available in the private sector and you will be able to pay for it if you can afford it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/04/er-doctors-covid-jobs/

many in this class of emergency medicine physicians — young doctors, called residents, who are training in this specialty — are struggling to find full-time employment, even while they work on the front lines treating covid-19 patients.

The dearth of jobs is the result of a domino effect: Many people stayed away from hospital emergency rooms this past year, wary of contracting the virus. As patient numbers dropped, emergency departments brought in less money. As a result, cash-strapped employers stopped recruiting new doctors.

“We’re putting our own lives at risk, our family’s lives at risk,” said emergency medicine physician R.J. Sontag, the president of the Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association. “We’re in, frankly, a financially precarious position with a ton of debt and limited income. And the fact of the matter is that employers just aren’t hiring.”

^ kind of a marker for how piss poor of a job the US government has done in supporting its citizens and industries ^

• Like 2

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/article/coronavirus-lab-escape-theory.html?__twitter_impression=true&s=04&fbclid=IwAR0uLrwtliS8Tg6d2vFG1aGk01Ee_WRdkiyxIa3rbBLjNUCW5uP1_zlgjp8

SARS-2 was not designed as a biological weapon. But it was, I think, designed. Many thoughtful people dismiss this notion, and they may be right. They sincerely believe that the coronavirus arose naturally, “zoonotically,” from animals, without having been previously studied, or hybridized, or sluiced through cell cultures, or otherwise worked on by trained professionals. They hold that a bat, carrying a coronavirus, infected some other creature, perhaps a pangolin, and that the pangolin may have already been sick with a different coronavirus disease, and out of the conjunction and commingling of those two diseases within the pangolin, a new disease, highly infectious to humans, evolved. Or they hypothesize that two coronaviruses recombined in a bat, and this new virus spread to other bats, and then the bats infected a person directly — in a rural setting, perhaps — and that this person caused a simmering undetected outbreak of respiratory disease, which over a period of months or years evolved to become virulent and highly transmissible but was not noticed until it appeared in Wuhan.

There is no direct evidence for these zoonotic possibilities, just as there is no direct evidence for an experimental mishap — no written confession, no incriminating notebook, no official accident report. Certainty craves detail, and detail requires an investigation. It has been a full year, 80 million people have been infected, and, surprisingly, no public investigation has taken place. We still know very little about the origins of this disease.

17 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Congrats!

Did you have to pay for it?  Just interested in how the US system for rollout is working.

Looking how far down the priority list I am, and how much of a shit storm the UK is right now, Ill be lucky to get vaccinated before Summer is out.  The NHS is overwhelmed with patients.  Im guessing vaccinations will eventually become available in the private sector and you will be able to pay for it if you can afford it.

Thanks friend! 

No, didn't have to pay, but I work for a healthcare system so don't believe anyone within the system is going to have to pay (also, believe this is going to be the case with all first responders/frontline folks). Yeah, it's going to be ... interesting to see how it shakes out in the private sector. I think there has been some sort of vague promise in the US that "anyone who wants to get one will be able without it costing an arm and a leg" but... we'll see. US is pretty shitstormy too these days so who knows... 

My wife's in the same boat - she's young, healthy, no comorbities, etc. It'll probably be Summer for her -plus our daughter is still breastfeeding so there's this added "should I?" factor. 

Hope you don't have to wait that long - who knows, maybe our governments will get their shit together!*

*always good to start the new year off w. a lol

9 hours ago, bupkis said:

Hey bud, remember to remove the tracker token when you share a link. I removed it above.

A token looks like this: "?__twitter_impression=true&s=04&fbclid=IwAR0uLrwtliS8Tg6d2vFG1aGk01Ee_WRdkiyxIa3rbBLjNUCW5uP1_zlgjp8"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Braintree said:

Hey bud, remember to remove the tracker token when you share a link. I removed it above.

A token looks like this: "?__twitter_impression=true&s=04&fbclid=IwAR0uLrwtliS8Tg6d2vFG1aGk01Ee_WRdkiyxIa3rbBLjNUCW5uP1_zlgjp8"

Thanks man I will do that in the future. What does it do allow twitter to track people who click the link and where they do it?

4 hours ago, bupkis said:

Thanks man I will do that in the future. What does it do allow twitter to track people who click the link and where they do it?

Essentially. Trackers do a few things, but in a nutshell, they're able to see your activity even if you're not using their site (Twitter in this case). Using Firefox mitigates some of that.

Worth a read: https://medium.com/searchencrypt/internet-tracking-why-its-bad-and-how-to-avoid-it-6501926662b1

• Like 1

https://gvwire.com/2021/01/05/over-50-of-fresno-healthcare-workers-opting-out-of-covid-vaccine-officials-say/

Herd immunity against the novel coronavirus could require vaccination rates approaching as high as 90%, Dr. Anthony Fauci recently told the New York Times.

During a Tuesday briefing with reporters, Fresno County Community Health Manager Joe Prado said the trend among frontline healthcare workers is running way below that number.

“We’re seeing a variance of that. We’re seeing 50%, 60% percent in some avenues (of workers opting out of the vaccine),” said Prado. “This is within the health care worker populations.”

“It’s ‘wait and see’. That’s one of the comments we’re getting.”Fresno County Community Health Manager Joe Prado

Prado says this number is similar to survey’s of the general population, done by local community-based organizations, that show about 50% of Fresno County residents want to get vaccinated.

KTLA Television reports that Los Angeles firefighters are being offered prizes to encourage them to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Some of the perks being offered include:

• An Airbnb gift card
  • A home security system
  • A new bicycle
  • A free ride from Lyft

The reluctance of L.A. firefighters adds to the list of frontline workers in the state who are declining to take the vaccine, a trend that health experts say could have serious public health implications.

It seems a bit silly that if you're a firefighter the thing that what you would consider too dangerous is some vaccination :facepalm:

I've had so much weird and questionable stuff put in my body that some actually researched vaccination from a reputable source is nowhere near even the top 10 most dangerous things I've had. :crazy: Just bring it on, bitches:spiteful:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, rhmilo said:

SARS 1 was a civet

MERS (SARS 1.5) was a camel.

So naturally SARS 2 was designed.

:facepalm:

However...
There's somewhat of a history of accidental laboratory releases, even of potential pandemic pathogens:
- 1976 H1N1 swine flu scare.
- 1977 H1N1 human influenza pandemic.
- 1963 to 1978 Smallpox outbreaks in Great Britain.
- 1995 Venezuelan equine encephalitis (VEE) outbreak.
- at least six SARS outbreaks after the 2003 SARS epidemic.
- 2007 Foot and Mouth (FMD) outbreak in the UK.
All due to negligence of some sort.
So it's somewhat of a possibility for the origin of Covid-19, as well as it's a possibility that it originated naturally from an animal.
The origin of Covid-19 is as of yet not surely and undoubtedly known.
It's probably not a Bioweapon though.

Edited by MaartenVC

I have already asked this awhile back in this thread, but what is the current situation in China? How have they seemingly managed to dodge the second/third wave clusterfuck that has crippled the rest of the world? I’m definitely no conspiracist, but it is odd imo. 

Edited by Plum
noneya