oscillik

bit odd that musicians so caught up in nostalgia would make a soundtrack for a flying cars and androids mega future story lol, tho some of the tracks on tomorrow's harvest would work well in a film soundtrack.

Tomorrow's Harvest was meant an homage to 70's dystopian films and their soundtracks.

Still seems like little more than speculation right now tho. Harrison Ford as a returning cast member? Unlikely.

I'll come back to this thread when there's an actual trailer.

Why do people keep suggesting other composers? Vangelis is still producing and recording orchestras regularly.. still a beast. Oh he must have lost it because he's "old" now...

Still seems like little more than speculation right now tho. Harrison Ford as a returning cast member? Unlikely.

I'll come back to this thread when there's an actual trailer.

Meet you back here in a year then.

My guess is that it will look stunning but the story line is going to be shit and its going to try to hard to be relevant to the original

This could be cool. Villeneuve directing instead of Scott has my hopes up.

Despite the majority of PKD film adaptations being terrible, I'd really like to see an adaptation of Ubik sometime.

Johann Johannsson should do it.

not a bad alternative to vangelis. the sicario ost is probably my favourite soundtrack from last year.

Get Sinoia Caves for goodness sake! He did an amazing job with Beyond the Black Rainbow. He would nail this.

this would be awesome. but you guys are all assuming this movie will have the exact same look+feel/tone of the first, without any evolution in the intervening 30+ years. why should it? I love the original Vangelis score but why should there necessarily be another instalment of that for this one?

Edited by usagi

Get Sinoia Caves for goodness sake! He did an amazing job with Beyond the Black Rainbow. He would nail this.

this would be awesome. but you guys are all assuming this movie will have the exact same look+feel/tone of the first, without any evolution in the intervening 30+ years. why should it? I love the original Vangelis score but why should there necessarily be another instalment of that for this one?

fan service. for good or bad, people are gonna rip this movie to pieces if it doesn't stay close enough to the original thematically. it's gonna be the new ghostbusters times a million.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Why do people keep suggesting other composers? Vangelis is still producing and recording orchestras regularly.. still a beast. Oh he must have lost it because he's "old" now...

maybe because it's also not Ridley as director, but Villeneuve, older guys giving their place to new ones, yeah BOC is good, tho they should release more TH-like matterial

Someone make a Bladelores Runrepik mix with footage from the movie.

Also, why on earth would anyone want Autechre to make a soundtrack for a sci-fi film revamp. Where's the fun in that. Autechre should be playing the replicas in the film.

Edited by IOS