oscillik

Get Sinoia Caves for goodness sake! He did an amazing job with Beyond the Black Rainbow. He would nail this.

this would be awesome. but you guys are all assuming this movie will have the exact same look+feel/tone of the first, without any evolution in the intervening 30+ years. why should it? I love the original Vangelis score but why should there necessarily be another instalment of that for this one?

for good or bad, people are gonna rip this movie to pieces if it doesn't stay close enough to the original thematically.

I'm not in this camp, personally. I don't understand this mentality anymore, nothing will ever be the original Blade Runner because of its place in time and history.

Guest bitroast

its lame. most reboots/sequels nowadays stick too close to the original on account of not annoying the fans (altho deep down we all know its more on account of making something the audience will recognize and draw bigger numbers at the box office because at the end of the day that's all that really matters anymore when making a big budget film).

would be very nice for this film to take a fresh approach and not sit too closely to the original. ((( *cough* mad max style, perhaps )))

its lame. most reboots/sequels nowadays stick too close to the original on account of not annoying the fans (altho deep down we all know its more on account of making something the audience will recognize and draw bigger numbers at the box office because at the end of the day that's all that really matters anymore when making a big budget film).

would be very nice for this film to take a fresh approach and not sit too closely to the original. ((( *cough* mad max style, perhaps )))

Yeah actually I'd be okay with an OTT but well-crafted action movie like Mad Max.

I don't think we should expect something stale from Villeneuve anyway.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah actually I'd be okay with an OTT but well-crafted action movie like Mad Max.

I don't think we should expect something stale from Villeneuve anyway.

yeah, nothing to compare to Mad Max I think, but need to watch his films to understand what to expect, Sicario for example, the way how sound and video was mixed was something mind blowing, I don't remember what one single scene, a long one (tunnel scene) would grab my attention so hard, yeah overall this is a great director, excited

holy fuck, we are already living in blade runner land. did you guys ever play the blade runner game? check this shit out. potentially shocking (both the picture and the newssource)

Edited by Guest

In my experience with remakes and cover versions of things I'm a fan of, sticking too close to the original can be just as annoying if not more. Usually results in a shitty imitation or tribute and in the worst case scenario it pisses you off by suggesting that something about the original needed updating or improving. Better to do a completely different take on it then.

I don't think this'll stray any further than Prometheus did from Alien.. would love to be proven wrong though :happy:

Just to throw a spanner in the works (or not), I would love to hear a newer youngish composer who understands the emotional impact of that old way of composing and who has a great respect for it, but can bring it into the modern age without sounding like postcard nostalgia. Like Makeup and Vanity Set.

https://soundcloud.com/makeupandvanityset/an-eternal-feeling?in=makeupandvanityset/sets/wilderness-preview

• 1 month later...

FSOL for soundtrack pls

I could get behind this.

I'd also throw these names into the mix as potential composers for the film: Ryuichi Sakamoto, Biosphere, Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross, and Bola

All assuming that Vangelis doesn't do the thing.