IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 7/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, IOS said:

Have you finished watching it? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Just finished it. 
Episode 7 in season three was great. I had to watch it twice because I was super tired and falling asleep the first time (not because it wasn’t good, but only because I didn’t get enough sleep the night before). 
I think the end was good, but I still stick to my feelings about how the majority of this season was a bit of a slog. That 7th episode was great though. 

• Like 1

Mindhunter. On S01E08, pretty interesting if at times a little tedious with the dialogue. Maybe tedious isn’t the right word. Stilted? 
Also I don’t know what it is about Netflix series, but I much prefer the image quality in Amazon Prime originals. 

• Like 1

'The Stranger' a possibly lesbian girl who looks like a sexy troll runs around all sneaky in a baseball cap, revealing family secrets to people and sometimes blackmailing them. Setting is upper middleclass southern England - lots of strained facial expressions and pent up frustration. 

Some of the situations seemed a little far fetched and a very low budget car chase  scene which will bring a smile to the face of American viewers (limeys can't do car chases) the same goes for an on foot chase scene that went on for way too long.

All in all good though. Morishly suspenseful in that  British thriller way and short enough in length so as not too drag on too much. Perfect for a Saturday down with the flu. 

"I'll be gone in the dark"

fucking chilling. documentary about the east area rapist/original night stalker/golden state killer. details the book written by patton oswalt's wife and all the work she and others did. 

the 70s were pretty insane w/serial rapists and murderers. one of the detectives recounts 15 or so different rapists who were raped 30 or 40 women. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, Joyrex said:

Revival of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix.

Three episodes in so far, and they've captured what made the original series so great. Glad they decided not to have a narrator/host as in the original with the late Robert Stack or the revival with Dennis Ferreira.

I’m definitely hooked on this. I think we’ve chowed down 6 or 7 episodes already. 
I kinda can’t wait for these mysteries to be solved so they can amend the episodes with updates like they did in the OG show. It obviously makes sense why, but it’s such a tease that none of them have that yet. 
Everybody! Let’s pool our collective abilities and solve some of these damn mysteries already!!

Edited by J3FF3R00

the twilight zone - shit can't really tell if it was worse or better than the 1st season, nevertheless it was pretty shitty... it's absurd, every thing has already been done a million times way better than this... rod serling is facepalming in heaven poor guy... jordan peele as the narrator is so fucking embarrassing...

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

the twilight zone - shit can't really tell if it was worse or better than the 1st season, nevertheless it was pretty shitty... it's absurd, every thing has already been done a million times way better than this... rod serling is facepalming in heaven poor guy... jordan peele as the narrator is so fucking embarrassing...

how were you able to make it through 2 seasons of this? I lasted around 3 episodes from last years embarrassment before throwing up the nope flag. 

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

I liked quite a few episodes from season 2 - sure, none of them were perfect, but neither was the original series...

Binged Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet, the AppleTV comedy show by the folks behind Always Sunny, about a game studio for a popular MMORPG. Enjoyed it good enough, even though it was a bit fast and lose on how a company like that would run. Charlotte Nicdao as the lead programmer Poppy Li was a stand out (+small crush).

20 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I liked quite a few episodes from season 2 - sure, none of them were perfect, but neither was the original series...

feels like these writers/directors first think of an ending/twist and only after they come up with an actual plot... in retrospect i get the impression that some episode's ideas were actually cool but when watching it there's a constant embarrassing feeling... dunno if it's the screenplays or the acting... the episode about the VR dreams gave me something to think about but the execution was pretty hurr-durr... everything was so predictable in most episodes... the last episode had a really cool bizarre atmosphere but i didn't like the direction it took...

Spoiler

can't really understand the purpose of the evil groundhog day episode...

Edited by Tim_J

Watched the first season of Pose and loved it. Going to do a watch party with some friends to start off the second season. Now I'm finishing up Altered Carbon. It's pretty decent so far. I'm more into it for the cyberpunk atmosphere. The dialogue and general delivery is very heavy handed.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:54 AM, J3FF3R00 said:
On 7/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, Joyrex said:

Revival of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix.

Three episodes in so far, and they've captured what made the original series so great. Glad they decided not to have a narrator/host as in the original with the late Robert Stack or the revival with Dennis Ferreira.

I’m definitely hooked on this. I think we’ve chowed down 6 or 7 episodes already. 
I kinda can’t wait for these mysteries to be solved so they can amend the episodes with updates like they did in the OG show. It obviously makes sense why, but it’s such a tease that none of them have that yet. 
Everybody! Let’s pool our collective abilities and solve some of these damn mysteries already!!

I watched the first episode last night and thought it was great. I wanted some trash tv but got a lot more than I bargained for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:57 AM, tec said:

Did you guys never see any 80s films or was this all new to you?

Yes, and plenty of them as well as 1970's films. One comes to my mind as of recently - 1972 "The Other"  You know the one with Uta Hagen. As for 80's I prefer the 70's movies thanks to my father. I think you should watch it if haven't already..

32 minutes ago, Banffspring72 said:

Yes, and plenty of them as well as 1970's films. One comes to my mind as of recently - 1972 "The Other"  You know the one with Uta Hagen. As for 80's I prefer the 70's movies thanks to my father. I think you should watch it if haven't already..

I know it's super well known but I think in light of Morricones death, it's worth mentioning The Thing as a fantastic 80s film. Both feels very much of the time but the score is also masterful and not too much 80s cheese.

I have been watching Sakamichi No Appolon recently, it's a beautiful show about a couple kids who play Jazz in high school. Even if Anime is not your thing I think this would really resonate with anyone who makes/plays music

Slowly working through season 3 of Dark.  Slightly frustrating yes, but I prefer to spread episodes out a few days at a time even though its all there waiting for me to binge.

Overall has been a GREAT series though.  The music / sound and lack of obvious plot holes alone is well worth the watch!  SO glad they planned for 3 series, filmed 3, and called it a day.  I can imagine execs clambering for them to make more but it would completely fuck with the story that they have so far told extremely well.

Edited by Soloman Tump

5 hours ago, scottwade said:

I know it's super well known but I think in light of Morricones death, it's worth mentioning The Thing as a fantastic 80s film. Both feels very much of the time but the score is also masterful and not too much 80s cheese

Agree, great movie! Have you seen that, @Tim_J?

Spoiler

:dadjoke:

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:57 AM, tec said:

Did you guys never see any 80s films or was this all new to you?

i never said it was a bad movie, my exact words were, lmao, and it was mostly directed at some vfx, specifically windows's death where you can blatantly see that it's a dummy... with his legs wiggling around... it's fucking hilarious, reminded me of the muppets... or these guys...
DazzlingSpanishIcterinewarbler-size_rest

like i said before, i guess nostalgia is at play here, just like judge doom from roger rabbit, if you haven't seen the movie when you were young, it's not scary at all, it's pretty funny actually, but people who grew up with it, and saw it a million times, the frighting effect never quite fades away...
FirstClumsyCornsnake-small.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why are we talking about movies here. This is the TV series thread. OCD intensifies

Started watching Zero Zero Zero. So far so good.  Really makes me want to do some lines...

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Unsolved mysteries. Should have used the voice from the guy that does the frontline documentaries, Otherwise great new stuff. Man, that French one was bizarre

Edited by marf
  • Like 2