Holy shit. I came into this thread to say that I just watched Dial M for Murder and Sabotage (Both of which are incredible.., particularly Sabotage... so good) and found out there’s a literal home-bound Hitchcock film-fest happening. 

• Like 1

Dial M for Murder is definitely in my top 10, perfect movie. Was thinking about The Wrong Man the other day, great movie too.

Edited by caze
  • Like 1

Watching all the Bond movies - haven't seen most since I was a kid / some I haven't seen at all - like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which wow that movie is actually dope and my favorite of this run so far. Through Octopussy as of last night... 55 year old Roger Moore doing Tarzan yells and dressing up like a clown were either the best things he's ever done or... no, Octopussy is just an amazing, incomprehensible disaster. I loved it.

• Like 1

i watched booksmart, yeah not that much of a choice in the ship's free movies list, started ok, seemed like it was going different places, the occasional bullies didn't bully so i was deceived... turned out going the same road every other teenage movie goes, resorting to the same tropes and whatnot, but from a feminine point of view...

6 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Watching all the Bond movies - haven't seen most since I was a kid / some I haven't seen at all - like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which wow that movie is actually dope and my favorite of this run so far. Through Octopussy as of last night... 55 year old Roger Moore doing Tarzan yells and dressing up like a clown were either the best things he's ever done or... no, Octopussy is just an amazing, incomprehensible disaster. I loved it.

watched OHMSS a few days ago too, saw AV Club recommending it and was bored over the weekend so... it was okay. some good and competent, high quality stuff, but wasn't in love with it i guess. can't imagine just wanting to watch it in particular compared to other Bond/action-ish films. 

watched The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, whichever the first one was subtitled.... was decent enough that i'll probably watch the others, but it was a bit straightforward, hoping they get better as they go

19 minutes ago, auxien said:

watched OHMSS a few days ago too, saw AV Club recommending it and was bored over the weekend so... it was okay. some good and competent, high quality stuff, but wasn't in love with it i guess. can't imagine just wanting to watch it in particular compared to other Bond/action-ish films. 

watched The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, whichever the first one was subtitled.... was decent enough that i'll probably watch the others, but it was a bit straightforward, hoping they get better as they go

The guy getting mulched by the snowplow though! 

• Haha 1

i watched 2 recent horror movies, Ma and Countdown, lol

Countdown was pretty shitty all over the place as expected, shitty acting, shitty directing, ludicrous plot, anyway...

Ma on the other hand was a bit different, despite the bullied teenager revenge cliche plot and the unconvincing set-up, it reached unexpected high grim levels towards the end kinda fulfilling the time lost watching it...

Edited by Tim_J

Jack is a very supportive uncle to Ashley, always there when she calls. He plays a big role in her life due to her mother being busy a lot, and her dad living a gangster lifestyle. One day he (Jack) receives a frantic call from Ashley that gets cut short. When Jack arrives at Ashley's house and finds the whole family dead. Later he starts receiving calls from Ashley who is calling from the past. Jack must help Ashley change her almost inevitable fate.

so, get this, the uncle, starts receiving calls on his cell, from his recently deceased niece, who's 3 days from being murdered... he's on the 25th and gets calls from her niece who's on the 22th... see where this thing is going? so the uncle obviously also exists on the 22th... so you ask yourself, if the niece, who's on the 22th, calls to her uncle, uncle's both cellphones are going to ring,  the cellphone from the uncle who's on the 22th as well as the cellphone from the uncle who's on the 25th, right? but on this masterpiece of a movie, for the sake of convenience, only the cellphone from the uncle who's on the 25th rings... crème de la crème!!!

MV5BZjI5N2FkMDQtYjk4Ni00N2U5LTlkZGQtMzY5ZTcwNTdjZWUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MDMxNzU@._V1_SX640_CR0,0,640,999_AL_.jpg

Edited by Tim_J

The Nun - liking it but I wasn´t really scared or something...don´t want to spoil or something so I don´t write deeper about it...
Annabelle -  I don´t like the thought of pregnant women in horrors or babies in horror but some parts were quite fun...that elevator scene for example
Spiderman: Far From Home - cool stuff... finally Magneto in a movie
Sorcerrers Apprentice - quite enjoyable... 
Action Point - watched it just because of Knoxwille plus I didn´t knew thah this place really existed...

• Like 1

American Beauty - Never seen this very famous film before, I really liked it. Not sure I'm down with all the academic hyperbole that goes hand in hand with it. But then that's the cynic in me. I watched it, I enjoyed it and would watch it again. Simples.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2

Every single fart got a lol from me. Maybe because of the context behind this movie and its auteur. Maybe just because farts are funny. But holy shit, I laughed at farts more during The Lighthouse than most comedy movies.

What I'm saying is bois, is that

i'm sorry, but its a good show

Edited by Lada Laika
  • Farnsworth 1

Doctor Sleep...corny and predictable as hell,but it also had some enjoyable parts too,not as bad as i thought it would be,watched it in 3 stints tho cuz its too long,also....Rebecca Ferguson helped

rosemary,s baby...dunno how i missed all the knowing glances between characters in on the plot on 1st viewing,seems so visible on a re-watch,definitely got some strange vibes this movie,good tho

3 hours ago, sunshine recorder said:

rosemary,s baby...dunno how i missed all the knowing glances between characters in on the plot on 1st viewing,seems so visible on a re-watch,definitely got some strange vibes this movie,good tho

lol

Prince of Darkness - rewatching Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy, this has to be the lowest budget film.  Very little happens, mostly in the same 3-4 rooms, at one point they actually throw a stuntman in a female wig thru a window.

• Like 1

I watched Parasite recently. It started out very fun, then some abrupt shifts in tone happen and I was like "OH SHIT" and then even more "FUCK!". I wasn't sure who to be sympathetic for, it seemed like the poor family could have been successful in any number of ways without doing what they did. Poor family's daughter really struck my fancy though, tbqh. I hated the

Spoiler

former cleaning lady/her weird husband

much more than the poor family or the rich family, as well. Fuck them! Overall, a much sharper and finely tuned piece of work than most, and lots of good metaphorical metaphors to chew on, too. 

• Like 1