IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I've thought on a few occasions that Brisbot was Richard. But then I think a lot of things, and most of which proves to be total hogwash.

Hogwash I tell thee!

Edited by beerwolf

I get several messages a month on SC asking if I'm Aphex. Now several a week since he liked one of my tracks.

I'd say I'm charmed but half of them are only interested in me BEING Aphex it feels like.

Edited by Brisbot

im listening to xmas_eve10 and its jjust such an amazing song. the idea that theres something as awe inspiring waiting to be heard. fucccccck. yes.

The Google doc with the playlists on it someone linked on here a while ago is locked behind a permission prompt on Google now, anyone got one I can save to my HD?

hopefully the original author locked it down and not the basement copyright avenger that trashed it

im listening to xmas_eve10 and its jjust such an amazing song. the idea that theres something as awe inspiring waiting to be heard. fucccccck. yes.

if you want more amazing you should listen to some EvoAva, it's like a best of afx

Spreadsheet is back online and public editing re-enabled. I locked it down a few weeks ago (but still had public viewing enabled) because there hasn't been much activity on SoundCloud this year, and nothing but vandalism has been happening to the sheet via public edits since February. Some of the vandalism was so bad that there was no way to fix it other than re-importing the entire document from a local copy I had into a new tab in the document.

The document owner and I discussed vandalism a little...and rather than leaving the entire document locked down to public edits I am now a caretaker of the "user18081971-restored-bak" copy of the sheet, and will do my best to keep good public edits backed up and bad public edits reverted. Sadly, with Public editing enabled , it could be damaged beyond repair yet again...

Awesome! Could you post a link to the document?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/

Edited by jsmcpn

katiacid is not part of any of these mirrors:

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/3534a1/aphex_twin_user48736353001_mega_archive/

even so the comments show that the track has been up 7 month ago. weird

That's because it's Reddit :) or because it was called Katieparty n+4 instead. It's definitely in here though:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/89649-user18081971-soundcloud-complete-collection/

Just to clarify... Katiacid (#251) and Katieparty n+4 (#262) are different tracks.

katiacid is not part of any of these mirrors:

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/3534a1/aphex_twin_user48736353001_mega_archive/

even so the comments show that the track has been up 7 month ago. weird

That's because it's Reddit :) or because it was called Katieparty n+4 instead. It's definitely in here though:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/89649-user18081971-soundcloud-complete-collection/

Just to clarify... Katiacid (#251) and Katieparty n+4 (#262) are different tracks.

Ha, nice catch, I stand corrected. Cheers for fixing that docu again too btw!

Spreadsheet is back online and public editing re-enabled. I locked it down a few weeks ago (but still had public viewing enabled) because there hasn't been much activity on SoundCloud this year, and nothing but vandalism has been happening to the sheet via public edits since February. Some of the vandalism was so bad that there was no way to fix it other than re-importing the entire document from a local copy I had into a new tab in the document.

The document owner and I discussed vandalism a little...and rather than leaving the entire document locked down to public edits I am now a caretaker of the "user18081971-restored-bak" copy of the sheet, and will do my best to keep good public edits backed up and bad public edits reverted. Sadly, with Public editing enabled , it could be damaged beyond repair yet again...

Awesome! Could you post a link to the document?

I'd like to see his philosophy on music making. I remember he said he wanted to mostly talk about his philosophy that in that SUPER LONG interview, then proceeded to literally JUST talk about gear :cry: . He mostly talks about gear, which is mostly interchangeable and not particularly interesting... well mostly since I only occasionally use hardware.

He should totally sit down and have a chat with a good interviewer. There are a lot of musicians these days (more people making than buying music?) and it'd be great to hear from people like him some insights into his music making process.

wasn't that the interview with all the modular tracks, right after syro? that's as close to philosphy as yer gonna get with the rdj, i'm guessing.

I'd like to see his philosophy on music making. I remember he said he wanted to mostly talk about his philosophy that in that SUPER LONG interview, then proceeded to literally JUST talk about gear :cry: . He mostly talks about gear, which is mostly interchangeable and not particularly interesting... well mostly since I only occasionally use hardware.

He should totally sit down and have a chat with a good interviewer. There are a lot of musicians these days (more people making than buying music?) and it'd be great to hear from people like him some insights into his music making process.

nardwuar vs. rdj

one day

nardwuar vs. rdj

one day

That would be incredible

if you want more amazing you should listen to some EvoAva, it's like a best of afx

yeah I just checked EvoAva, tip-top. Brisbot got the braindance elixir on tap maybe not hogwash after all....

I had this idea a couple of days ago, why not do a watmm interview with rdj? I think he even migt be willing to do this...

We might collect questions from all users, select the most interesting ones or something and send them to him.

holy fuck I can't wait to blast that windowlicker scratch track in my car as I roll up on some friends. This is very exciting news for me. That scratch is ridic.