IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Whilst it is very important that new watmm forums members have a through read of the rules as they sign up, it would not do established members any harm to refresh their memories every once in a while.

The rules are there to be read, obeyed, and enforced.

With that in mind, I suggest that every member of this forum with at least a 3.6 ppd count or a 10+ plus year join date perhaps prints out the rules and reads them this evening (perhaps over dinner with the family, or whilst sitting on the toilet). This would help with the general harmony of the forum and perhaps help encourage new members to pick up how this forum operates.

The rules are there to be respected!

:emotawesomepm9::sini::aphexsign:

Was there a track uploaded earlier under the Caustic Window user account?

When I checked earlier today on my SC app it was in the recent additions list between some of the afx tracks. I intended to get it when I got home but now it seems to have disappeared. I must have been on my phone at around 3pm(ish) GMT.

I'm probably being a bit of an echo here but, WOW sekonda

sekonda (steve reich vibes ) is great but at the beginning there is a melody which "in my opinion" sounds completly wrong regarding bpm.

first i thought youtube might be open and some other track is playing. strange.

The track seems to me that he's just recorded him 'jamming' on an idea. Got a bit running as the basis, then testing out melodies, changes, etc.

I absolutely love it, don't get me wrong. Probably my favorite track from all this. But it doesn't sound like a 'finished' take.

Maybe he just needed more time on it?

* I'll get my coat

I'm struggling to hold the weight of all these tracks. It's overwhelming. The problem lies therein is that a lot of music from Aphex, Autechre and Boards of Canada I can't just consume like fast food.

Like the The Sarlacc from The Great Pit of Carkoon (how and why I dredged that one up I have no idea :emotawesomepm9: ) I digest my tracks slowly. Okay not over 10000 years but even so...

For ten years I hated Surfing on Sine Waves then one day bham! for some apparent reason its my favorite fucking album lol, so it's not a case of just breezing through and discarding the tracks I don't like. You see the dilemma.

I need a month off, somewhere quiet. Just me and these wonderful tunes.

Edited by beerwolf

Guest trananhhung

sekonda (steve reich vibes ) is great but at the beginning there is a melody which "in my opinion" sounds completly wrong regarding bpm.

The track seems to me that he's just recorded him 'jamming' on an idea. Got a bit running as the basis, then testing out melodies, changes, etc.

I absolutely love it, don't get me wrong. Probably my favorite track from all this. But it doesn't sound like a 'finished' take.

Sekonda for me sounds like one of the most finished tracks! Opinions. Go figure.

Thanks, I was hoping for a pack though. Seen some earlier links ages ago, anyone keeping a freshly updated one on the go?

I saw a couple, but before the tracks were made downloadable (in 128kbps)

Sekonda for me sounds like one of the most finished tracks! Opinions. Go figure.

As long as you agree that it absolutely rules, we're good! :beer:

Thanks, I was hoping for a pack though. Seen some earlier links ages ago, anyone keeping a freshly updated one on the go?

here you go http://forum.watmm.com/topic/85636-richard-d-james-soundcloud-a-gift-to-the-fans/page-274?do=findComment&comment=2286407

is there a way we could have the thread op best answer a post that links to a place that will be updated with the most recent archive?

Manmower is a champion: (everything but the most recent 5 tracks that went up)

I did some retagging of the first batch and uploaded them again as well as the new ones. I've made two archives so if you're looking for the last 40 you can download just those separately.

Tracks 1-112: https://mega.co.nz/#...tQMCdUvGb50gguI

Tracks 113-152: https://mega.co.nz/#...UpiGZd85f8-8B68

File names are still as downloaded from Soundcloud, I took some liberties with the tags though.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are now 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. There's some extrapolation or assumption on my part that that's what would have been used for the earlier files as well if he'd planned ahead on making them downloadable, and for the sake of uniformity I've ignored the few exceptions in the last batch that had different or no tags.

Track numbers are still the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. Not included are the hashtags from SC (there are very few that aren't "afx" or "early afx" or similar anyway) and any tags from the original files besides the comments (e.g., the Traktor or iTunes stuff).

I've also stopped using the Total Tracks tag as there is/was no predetermined number of tracks anyway, and this way if he decides to ever upload anything again, I don't have to go back and change the older sets. Unless something happens that gives me the urge to revisit the tags of course.

Again, if anyone downloads this, it would be nice to let me know if I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

As long as you agree that it absolutely rules, we're good! :beer:

It's an excellent trak...I imagine this is what a collab between RDJ and Ryuichi Sakamoto might sound like.

Guest progben

I'm struggling to hold the weight of all these tracks. It's overwhelming. The problem lies therein is that a lot of music from Aphex, Autechre and Boards of Canada I can't just consume like fast food.

Like the The Sarlacc from The Great Pit of Carkoon (how and why I dredged that one up I have no idea :emotawesomepm9: ) I digest my tracks slowly. Okay not over 10000 years but even so...

For ten years I hated Surfing on Sine Waves then one day bham! for some apparent reason its my favorite fucking album lol, so it's not a case of just breezing through and discarding the tracks I don't like. You see the dilemma.

I need a month off, somewhere quiet. Just me and these wonderful tunes.

Your point about SoSW is quite poignant and touches on why this forum is so active I think. I've never seen any pattern in favourite material from aphex fans (apart from the come to daddy/windowlicker track only crowd).

Personally I love (love) Drukqs, SAW I, II, HAB and Analord/Tuss but am a bit so so so on I Care and the AB's, but I can see the favouritability of any of his eras.

Also, manmower you are awesome.

I don't see the massive hype over sedonka

I like it, it's great, but there are plenty of tracks way better

I'm glad someone else thinks the same as me. I was starting to feel lonely haha.

I dunno, I must just not be hearing something. Or maybe I need to be in the right mindset first. I heard it compared to OPN earlier though, and I've honestly never been able to get into any of his music either, so perhaps it's some common thread I just don't understand.

Tracks 1-112: https://mega.co.nz/#!sMBh1RRR!LteXZWa0-a-p1-TwjWnxIA_3cc6gtQMCdUvGb50gguI

Tracks 113-152: https://mega.co.nz/#!pJB1lQTQ!vwx_WR4-KAFLxJovJMMEjVxB_f9MUpiGZd85f8-8B68

Tracks 153-157: https://mega.co.nz/#!4Q5HAQqL!vI7ftJn8yNvAkN1IMBiPFQJtaAtHkDdyqiPnUwfr-7M

File names are still as downloaded from Soundcloud, I took some liberties with the tags though.

Artist and Album tags for all tracks are now 'AFx' and 'Sc' respectively. There's some extrapolation or assumption on my part that that's what would have been used for the earlier files as well if he'd planned ahead on making them downloadable, and for the sake of uniformity I've ignored the few exceptions in the last batch that had different or no tags.

Track numbers are still the order they were uploaded in, and the title tags as on Soundcloud (i.e., including the numbers, and any capitalization or other differences from the file name). Comments and artwork for each track are in the tags too. Not included are the hashtags from SC (there are very few that aren't "afx" or "early afx" or similar anyway) and any tags from the original files besides the comments (e.g., the Traktor or iTunes stuff).

I've also stopped using the Total Tracks tag as there is/was no predetermined number of tracks anyway, and this way if he decides to ever upload anything again, I don't have to go back and change the older sets. Unless something happens that gives me the urge to revisit the tags of course.

Again, if anyone downloads this, it would be nice to let me know if I messed up somewhere (missing or bad files/tags/whatever), with so many tracks it's getting easy to overlook things.

Thanks

Posting this here as well just because. Here's a few interesting comments/tags for some of the newest tracks. I didn't look through all 155.

fmsubBasss:
Title: fmsubBasss
Album: Unreleased Works 85-15

Heliosphan Live:
Title: 5 heliosphan live
Album: dats digital
Track: 5 of 223
Encoded: iTunes 5.0.0.35

(taut):
Title: (taut tense tune)

Album: un dat comp

Artist: afx
Encoded: SoundJam v2.5.3

(mature raver):
Title: (big raver strings)
Album: Sc / un dat comp
Artist: AFx

(throatie)
Title: (Throatie)
Album: <un>
Arist: afx

carn marth remix:
Title: carn marth (longerbit)
Album: Sc

blue carpet:
Title: (amb mello) / blue carpet

197brk2:
Title: 197 brk 2
Album: un pp

They're Here Aahha:
Title: They're Here Aahha
Album:
Artist: user48736353001

th1:
Title: (big amb strings)
Track: 3 of 33
Encoded: SoundJam v2.5.3

th1 [slo]:
Title: th1 [slo]
Album: afx edits
Encoded: iTunes 12.0.1.26

T08+4:
Title: T08+4
Comment:
T08+4 rx11,dr110,tx16w, RiDrum TK09,basimilus iteritas,bx20e,emt,,etc etc etc etc etc etc

dsb:
Title: dsb / (dist spacey bass)
Album: Sc / un dat comp