IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Is there a reason why we can't vote on an arbitrary number of tracks? I think it would make sense for everyone to vote on all the tracks they think are above the cut.

tried my best to pick 5, just in case that ends up being our limit

organ
sekonda
pretend analog extmix 2b
high hats tune tamclap orig
cheetah3 teac

first 3 are def, still not 100% on the last 2. they are both TUNES but so many others that could be there. hope we get 10 :(

this is going to take a lot of work, would probably have to whittle it down to a tracklist of 20 or so first, it'd be hard enough to pick 10, nevermind 5.

Guest VoltNine

I've not even listened to everything yet, but my top 5 are probably

34 ibiza spliff

3 slothscrape

35 Japan

14 Make a Baby

10 inthesky

It's really difficult though, I'm sure if I went back and listened to everything it would be completely different.

34 ibiza spliff

3 slothscrape

35 Japan

14 Make a Baby

10 inthesky

It's really difficult though, I'm sure if I went back and listened to everything it would be completely different.

Just FYI but the Japan track was already released before so if you're into the whole audiophile wiz-biz you can get it in a higher quality if you'd like.

Guest VoltNine

34 ibiza spliff

3 slothscrape

35 Japan

14 Make a Baby

10 inthesky

Just FYI but the Japan track was already released before so if you're into the whole audiophile wiz-biz you can get it in a higher quality if you'd like.

Thanks! SInce that's already released, 18 With My Family will take it's place.

Picking 5 sounds nearly impossible. I think I have to just rely on total plays in the itunes... damn I play Chink a lot. Great track to start everything off with imo.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Is there a reason why we can't vote on an arbitrary number of tracks? I think it would make sense for everyone to vote on all the tracks they think are above the cut.

I guess it's more specific isn't it, all the votes will be for tracks that people think are the absolute best of the best. If everyone casts over a hundred votes each there's no way of telling which tunes they rank higher than others. Paints a much clearer picture if people are only allowed a relatively small number of votes. (5 is mental though, don't know how I'd be able to do that, haha. 20 or so would be difficult enough)

I guess it's more specific isn't it, all the votes will be for tracks that people think are the absolute best of the best. If everyone casts over a hundred votes each there's no way of telling which tunes they rank higher than others. Paints a much clearer picture if people are only allowed a relatively small number of votes. (5 is mental though, don't know how I'd be able to do that, haha. 20 or so would be difficult enough)

There would be if you used either of my earlier suggestions, either some kind of weighting factor (votes would need to be in order of preference, say 1-20, and then each position get multiplied by a weighting factor), or have a set number of votes (say 100) and you can distribute those votes as you see fit (e.g. 20 votes for 28 Organ, 1 for Throatie). The latter would be the easiest to implement from a programming point of view, though neither is particularly complicated, the UI for the ordered weighted one might be a pain to implement, and depending on how you did it, awkward to use.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

There would be if you used either of my earlier suggestions, either some kind of weighting factor (votes would need to be in order of preference, say 1-20, and then each position get multiplied by a weighting factor), or have a set number of votes (say 100) and you can distribute those votes as you see fit (e.g. 20 votes for 28 Organ, 1 for Throatie). The latter would be the easiest to implement from a programming point of view, though neither is particularly complicated, the UI for the ordered weighted one might be a pain to implement, and depending on how you did it, awkward to use.

A system like that would probably be a bit complex for most of the 66k followers on Soundcloud though innit. Would be fine for us fanboy nerds who like compiling lists and looking at the data but most of those people probably wouldn't bother with a poll if it was too in-depth. A few votes for absolute favourite tracks and a lot more people would take the time to do it. Plus it's not a set in stone thing either, it's just to give Richard a good idea of people's preferences then he can do what he likes and add a few surprises in etc :)

A system like that would probably be a bit complex for most of the 66k followers on Soundcloud though innit. Would be fine for us fanboy nerds who like compiling lists and looking at the data but most of those people probably wouldn't bother with a poll if it was too in-depth. A few votes for absolute favourite tracks and a lot more people would take the time to do it. Plus it's not a set in stone thing either, it's just to give Richard a good idea of people's preferences then he can do what he likes and add a few surprises in etc :)

it wouldn't need to be complex for the user at all, especially for the 2nd option. the vote button could just default to a % of the total votes, so all the user would need to do would be to click 'vote'. if they wanted to do something more complex they would click +/- buttons or type in the exact number of votes.

If there are limited votes, I may have to forgo Ibiza Spliff, Organ, tracks that are sure to get votes, to make sure tracks like 14 07 B and Notting Hill Bus don't get left behind. Going to be real tricky even if the number of votes is 20 - 30.

If i could have 20 votes, my selection would look something like;

Original Chaos Riff
16 Fresher + Cleaner
Afx origTheme
1 P - String
14 Make A Baby
Red Calx (Slo)
T13 quadraverb
cottage3 e
18 mello punchy
18 ssbA
Medievil Rave Mk2
19 Winding Road
24 Tsim 2
17 elb1
34 Ibiza Spliff
10 Inthesky
18 1974 94
31 lifetrak2 eqTeac 1
22 string slush
Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

If there are limited votes, I may have to forgo Ibiza Spliff, Organ, tracks that are sure to get votes, to make sure tracks like 14 07 B and Notting Hill Bus don't get left behind. Going to be real tricky even if the number of votes is 20 - 30.

ah ah notting hill bus is great ! and I forgot about medievil rave pt 2 ! hard to choose...

edit : and just fall asleep lol 5 is just too hard

Edited by D4M0

so do we all just chime in with our top 5 in this thread and they will be counted?

or maybe just wait a day or two for xf to finish the polling system he's been working on.