IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

53 minutes ago, YEK said:

So this is a thing

Looks pretty good

it does! and at a strong price, for the right person this looks like a great thing. kinda doing what OP-Z wanted to do with the graphical aspect. this is made for hobbyists/starters wanting to make some fun shit for Instagram which is cool imo. make music just for the fun of it. there's a fair bit of stuff going towards these couchbeats crowds (Polyend Tracker & Play, Novation Circuit, Elektron Models, etc.) and that's good.

this one having the AWM/FM engines is interesting as well. i believe you can even load in your own samples for the drum stuff which really opens this up.

21 hours ago, auxien said:

hot damn that's a good deal. i imagine the knob could be fixed by Elektron themselves if nothing else.

Yeah I e-mailed them and they said they could provide the part or I can ship it to a repair center. Waiting to hear back with more info. Depending on the price I'll probably just deal with the wobbly knob but even if it's a few hundred it'd still be a steal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YEK said:

So this is a thing

Looks pretty good

The artist demos they uploaded today were extremely unremarkable, though.

• Like 1

i’m going to be buying the new Korg opsix module. increased polyphony, perfect form factor, i’m ready for some deep hardware FM playtimes.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 4:45 PM, auxien said:

it does! and at a strong price, for the right person this looks like a great thing. kinda doing what OP-Z wanted to do with the graphical aspect.

It also looks more robust, less fragile than the OP-Z (I am still holding a grudge against TE for the poor build quality of OPZ). Seqtrack got me hyped (as most grooveboxes do if I'm being honest), I really like the all-out design they chose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stock said:

It also looks more robust, less fragile than the OP-Z (I am still holding a grudge against TE for the poor build quality of OPZ). Seqtrack got me hyped (as most grooveboxes do if I'm being honest), I really like the all-out design they chose.

for all of TE's striving for aesthetics, you'd think part of that quest would be quality materials & builds. i've never owned anything of theirs but QC issues have plagued basically everything they've touched from what i've read. that's not too surprising for something like the Pocket Operators for sizing/pricing...yeah, those aren't going to last forever. but there's really no excuse for most of their products given the prices.

2 hours ago, Stock said:

Yeah I sold the opz despite how fun it was to mess around with on the couch because the build quality was absolute shite

16 hours ago, Stock said:

It also looks more robust, less fragile than the OP-Z

I read that it's made of light plastic and feels rather flimsy. 

Havent got any Teenage Engineering gear myself but one synthfluencer I watch on youtube got an OP-Z then after about 6 months the buttons started double triggering and he had to stop using it. Ive read about it bending in the middle as well. They didnt seem to learn their lesson with the new K.O.II either.

Peak GAS has arrived, folks:

Korg PS-3300 FS

PS33001_1e7a22c5-e5e1-4dca-849b-c8dcdd2b

The PS-3300 FS is a full-scale reissue of the original Korg PS-3300, a legendary and ultra-rare synthesizer designed by legendary Korg engineer Fumio Mieda and produced by Korg in very limited numbers from 1977 to 1981.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xy_politics said:

Korg PS-3300 FS

49 keys / 49 voice analogue polyphony (the original model had 48 keys / voices)

ha wow so this is gonna be...what, $20k? sound clip on the Korg page is pretty amazing tho, will give it that.

edit: according to the SonicState article it's about $13k. worth clicking through there for a short video clip of the original.

Edited by auxien
info added

12 hours ago, xy_politics said:

Korg PS-3300 FS

This is the absolute weirdest & most unbelievable gear drop to date. Have to give them a hand for actually doing it. Plastic keyboardless PS-3300M for $5K incoming? 

Edited by chim

On 11/24/2023 at 11:00 PM, dcom said:

Dreadbox synths are great, I got the Typhon first, then Nymphes, then Erebus and Hades reissues, and now I also have Erebus v3, Nyx v2, and OG Hades. Nyx v2 and Erebus v3 are the best. Nymphes is the only poly (although Nyx v2 and the Erebuses are duo/para), but I've been lusting after a second-hand Abyss - there's been some talk of a new Abyss version with eight-voice polyphony, but I wouldn't count on it. I wish I could get a pre-built Dysmetria, it's a bit too challenging as a DIY for me.

I've been continuing my Dreadbox bender, Erebus v2 and Nyx v1 came in a couple of days ago, going to pick up a Dysphonia at the post office today, and next week I'll get a professionally built Dysmetria. Still yearning for an Abyss.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 1:39 PM, Nil said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1e46c5d8fe048f0d2439983416637432.jpeg

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606111&start=15

Oh my !

Zebra(lette) 3 and hopefully soon Harmor VST3* and I'm all set.

*confirmed by IL on their forum btw, just no timeline yet.

'maybe public beta in a few weeks, maybe in a few months' they might release it in the next couple of years based on his timeline estimates so far. 2025. ish.

it looks & sounds great, of course.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

My jaw dropped during the additive engine part. It's crazy how far you can push a single oscillator, with so little effort.

Zebralette 3 will be all over my upcoming stuff once it's available, from day 1. I can't even imagine how insanely powerful Zebra 3 will be.

• Like 1