IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Awww... Congrats!!

Since I've got the CDs, I've been listening in my car a lot more often. I only have factory speakers, but holy shit.... The sort of... Faux surround sound has really opened up quite a few of the tracks, especially the more ambient songs/interludes....

sinistrailAB air, wetgelis casual interval, peal MA, shimripl air, and all of Session 4 have all taken on another dimension of sound.

And like all AE, I'm sure it's just going to keep on giving and giving over the years.

And while I'll probably always see NTS as a summer album, it's fitting incredibly well with the transition into fall. I'm excited to experience it all when snow is on the ground. Every single one of these 36 tracks will fit incredibly well with the cold, cloudy, snowy atmosphere of winter fairly well, I think.

=D

FUCK I LOVE this release!!!!!

Edited by Hk47

Decided to get NTS 3 on vinyl after all.

I decided to get all of the four loose vinyl sessions but returned session 4 because of the crackling festival which was going on there. Will order a second copy.

post-22463-0-08592900-1536963589_thumb.png

Edited by klek

I decided to get all of the four loose vinyl sessions but returned session 4 because of the crackling festival which was going on there. Will order a second copy.
Hmm, yeah I should probably do some visual and auditory inspections.

Isn't that the point of having vinyl? All the crappiness that comes with the format? If you want best possible audio quality you don't go for vinyl. You only buy vinyl for one of these four reasons: 1. You wanna have these analogue distortions that come with the format and that actually can sound nice. 2. You want to have a bigger physical thing to touch and look at.  3. You are fascinated by ancient technology. 4. You are some pretentious hipster

Session 1, 2 and 3 are fine pressings, session 4 is the only one which has pressing failures. And don't tell me why you think that i do prefer and buy vinyl. Du bist ne Form, die ich niemals darreichen würde, du Schnösel.

Isn't that the point of having vinyl? All the crappiness that comes with the format? If you want best possible audio quality you don't go for vinyl. You only buy vinyl for one of these four reasons: 1. You wanna have these analogue distortions that come with the format and that actually can sound nice. 2. You want to have a bigger physical thing to touch and look at.  3. You are fascinated by ancient technology. 4. You are some pretentious hipster

In my case (which I do not buy vinyls and CDs for years), it is worth the fifth point, possibly the most stupid of all: pay for autechre (and only for autechre) the biggest possible tribute, as a sign of deferential gratitude, to satisfy an absurd, irrational sense of inner satisfaction. It is sad to admit it, but I think this motivation is even more severe than the fourth point.

Awww... Congrats!!

Since I've got the CDs, I've been listening in my car a lot more often. I only have factory speakers, but holy shit.... The sort of... Faux surround sound has really opened up quite a few of the tracks, especially the more ambient songs/interludes....

sinistrailAB air, wetgelis casual interval, peal MA, shimripl air, and all of Session 4 have all taken on another dimension of sound.

And like all AE, I'm sure it's just going to keep on giving and giving over the years.

And while I'll probably always see NTS as a summer album, it's fitting incredibly well with the transition into fall. I'm excited to experience it all when snow is on the ground. Every single one of these 36 tracks will fit incredibly well with the cold, cloudy, snowy atmosphere of winter fairly well, I think.

=D

FUCK I LOVE this release!!!!!

Yes. Just listened to NTS3 a/b on vinyl yesterday on my home theater system. Been listing to NTS a lot on headphones, but it already felt like a new experience in the living room, particularly for clustro casual.

Re: the vinyl thing... i packed up my turntable and set up about this time last year and really slowed down buying vinyl over the last 2-3 years. I still have picked up a couple records a year from my favourite artists (picked up the Aphex, Ae re issues, Neurosis re issues) and am starting to question whether or not i will continue to do this. But, i still envision setting it back up again when i have a bit more space and enjoying those records.

I used to think it did sound better on vinyl, but now i don't really care. I see people listening to vinyl on shitty set ups which is quite absurd.

The majority of my music listening occurs via streaming services and i am one of these people that still continues to purchase the music i enjoy from artists despite accessing it using a subscription - because i feel its worth more and the artists should be paid. Why is this a bad thing again?

Also, was the general consensus that the margins would be higher on the digitals than the physicals for the artists / labels?

You are basically me in this regard, more or less.

headphones are the key that unlocks the treasure chest that is autechre

I loves my autechre on headphones, but NTS especially favours good speakers. Icari for instance, you don't get the full holographic sound thing on 'phones.