IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Theses fucking people.  I'd recommend watching Bombshell, pretty well illustrates how Ailes and Murdoch set up this whole psyops/ brainwashing apparatus called Fox News:

The best part is that all of the clips they showed are simple facts 

39 minutes ago, jules said:

The best part is that all of the clips they showed are simple facts 

‘facts’

No I agree, those are facts.  This is just how fucked up things are that you can just pretend things aren’t facts if you don’t like those facts.  That clip is horrible, it’s like something off a bad dystopian future film.

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Is anyone on here in Italy?

i'm just north of italy..innsbruck in the central alps. lots of (northern) italians here..workers, students..as of today, events with more than 500 outdoor/100 indoor are banned til 1 April..which is quite the shut down. universities are shutting down on monday til easter. very tourism active area, so virus hub galore..

Information finally leaking about how fucked the situation in North Korea is:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/almost-200-north-korean-soldiers-193704254.html

Also, Trump administration orders Immigration Judges to take down coronavirus information posters in courthouses, you know, bc people that speak Spanish might actually want to know WTF is gong on.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, BCM said:

yeah but that was in 1918 innit

On 3/7/2020 at 6:00 PM, Entorwellian said:

And judging from the response of all the countries, not much has changed since then.

Feels truer for every new news story having to do with this...

8 minutes ago, goDel said:

Holy christ....that sounds awful ?

worrisome.

also wtf. such mixed messages here in the states. i just want to stay home for a month. 

38 minutes ago, ignatius said:

worrisome.

also wtf. such mixed messages here in the states. i just want to stay home for a month. 

The biggest issue, I believe, is to get people to understand there's a real risk the existing healthcare-system might collapse if many people get sick in a short period. The system is not built for this kind of peak-demand. If people are more familiar with IT, than take that as an example. Once you're above a certain threshold, the performance of the entire system can collapse. Similar to healthcare. 

Meanwhile, most people only take the personal risk assessment of getting seriously ill. That's not the point that's relevant (except for people older than 65, or people with comorbidities etc). If the system grinds to a halt, it's not just the people with covid-19 that will suffer. It will be anyone in need of any kind of healthcare.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Is anyone on here in Italy?

I live in Milan. Starting from today I will work from home until maybe April, as basically everyone in the country that is ok working with just a computer and an internet connection. I don’t really watch the news anymore but as I understood we are in an emergency state. You can’t really travel from region to region without a valid reason and you need some papers to let the police know why you are traveling anyway. Some people are freaking out and go to supermarkets to buy food and supplies, leaving empty shelves behind, but at the moment there’s not really a need to do that. Everyone is advised to stay at home and not to leave unless it’s for buying food. Schools are closed. Hospitals are overcrowded, apparently, and there’s a scarcity of doctors. I’m not scared but I can’t predict the future so I’m a bit worried with the current situation. The mood in the city is overall weird, not much people around and you can’t go out and socialize because bars are closed as well as cinemas, gyms and whatever business puts people together in a closed space. This makes things even weirder, because if you live alone like me you are confined to deal with the problem with no one but yourself and there’s nothing you can do but see other people through Skype and joke on the situation, but the reality is no one knows how it’s going to evolve, as we were not prepared and the issue is just too big to manage. Cheers! ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 2