IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

7 minutes ago, diatoms said:

'Very painful': Japan Covid-19 officials cut off thousands of roses to deter gatherings

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/very-painful-japan-covid-19-officials-cut-off-thousands-of-roses-to-deter-gatherings

just lock the gate?

There is no gate it’s a park, not a private garden. It’s open 24 hours. 
I love this paragraph:

“The move to prune the roses hasn’t gone down well with some residents. “The roses at their best are worth seeing every year,” a 76-year-old man who regularly visits the park, told the newspaper. “I think it’s a waste, but we have no choice.”

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that the "19" in Covid19 just stands for the year?  Easily the funniest thing about this pandemic.  it's like Dance Mix '96.

Yeah not everyone realized that...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8222269/Kellyanne-Conway-suggests-18-previous-coronaviruses-risk-epidemic.html

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

Surprise! A rather interesting interview between "the Tuckster" and some former hotshot McKinsey man (typically white, old and grey) about Tsjina. There's a bit of interesting comments in the end about the impact on globalisation.

It's a bit of a cringe to watch, because of Trucksters leading questions. But our uber global capitalist seems to be doing OK. Strangely.

Fox seems to naturally progress from anti-lockdown to anti-globalism. Left and right doesn't matter anymore, it seems. Just anti. 

Edited by goDel

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

'Very painful': Japan Covid-19 officials cut off thousands of roses to deter gatherings

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/very-painful-japan-covid-19-officials-cut-off-thousands-of-roses-to-deter-gatherings

just lock the gate?

They did this for the famous Dutch tulip fields as well, which are in full bloom this time of year: cut off as many flowers as they could to deter the thousands upon thousands who decided it was a good idea to go view them (even though they're really just large scale industrial farms and not meant for tourism at all).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

There is no gate it’s a park, not a private garden. It’s open 24 hours.

I wonder if they ring a bell to tell you to get out at the end of the day like in St. Stephen's Green?

Yono Park Saitama

(I need to finish watching opm s.2)

:)

10 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

They did this for the famous Dutch tulip fields as well, which are in full bloom this time of year: cut off as many flowers as they could to deter the thousands upon thousands who decided it was a good idea to go view them (even though they're really just large scale industrial farms and not meant for tourism at all).

Will Someone, Please, Think of the Roses

12 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:
4 hours ago, BCM said:

"Mind boggling study says that smoking might prevent coronavirus infections"

https://bgr.com/2020/04/23/mind-boggling-study-says-smoking-might-prevent-coronavirus-infections/amp/

Light 'em if you got 'em boys...

Fuck yeah! I'll keep chiefin' my vape all day, every day!

I agree

dabbing has kept my lungs clear for years now:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Smoke bleach, got it.

vape it. or huff it. c'mon. get your facts straight. also, you can potentially put drops in your eyes and for females it's OK to soak a tampon in bleach and insert it to absorb through the vageene... even if not on their period. 

Sakura (cherry blossom) season is right around the corner. I guarantee those won't get touched. But AFAIK hanami events have pretty much been cancelled this year anyway.

I'm glad I went to Japan last year. Was summer so I didn't get to see Sakura bloom but still had great weather. Mt. Fuji was being shy tho. Probably gonna be 2022 before I can reasonably make it back but I want to go in spring.

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States will not take part in the launching of a global initiative on Friday to speed the development, production and distribution of drugs and vaccines against COVID-19, a spokesman for the U.S. mission in Geneva told Reuters.

“There will be no U.S. official participation”, he said in an email reply to a query. “We look forward to learning more about this initiative in support of international cooperation to develop a vaccine for COVID-19 as soon as possible.”

Ha! take that rest of the world. we're winning and drinking bleach- meanwhile you guys are waiting for science to give you guys results

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1