IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

3 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Bailout funds are loans that must be repaid with interest. They come with conditions of austerity attached as seen previously during the European debt crisis. The legacy of austerity in countries that received bailouts is huge youth unemployment, defunded healthcare and education and little to no capital expenditure - and it's widely regarded as a flawed approach that prevents economies from growing and recovering. Any government that accepts a bailout on those terms will not survive long and in Italy the anti-EU populists will most likely surge in popularity.

I'm 100% on your side that austerity measures are the wrong way and I agree that Germany's (and probably most Northern country's) behaviour during the Greece crisis was entitled and driven by neoliberal ideology. The recovery funds have to be socially responsible, otherwise they will lead to the effect that you described.

1 hour ago, zkom said:

What I've started to get most scared about in this pandemic is that how much a virus with an estimated >1% mortality fucks up everything. When the eventual 10% mortality pandemic hits then it's RIP western civilization. Let's not even talk about something like the Black Death that killed estimated half of the population of Europe. Maybe we need to start to prepare for these things a bit better?

I hope that this pandemic is a good training for worse pandemics of the future.

Edited by darreichungsform
  • Like 1

This pandemic just fucks our absurd, cruel, unfair overall economic system. It just exposes in an unbearable way the non-sense we're living in, hopefully to the point of no-return... but I'm not holding my breath (alas). Our sick system might collapse, mankind won't anytime soon.

• Like 4

This shit McConnell is pulling on New York is as low as you’d expect. Maybe New York should turn off the economic faucet on Kentucky and see how far out of the Stone Age they can make it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

lol..just read this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-inject-disinfectant-bleach-treatment-sunlight-a9481291.html?utm_source=reddit.com

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning,” the president said 

2 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i mean it's not like he was wrong about the first 'solution' or anything right??

i'm waiting for him to make the leap to him not being infected because he uses a tanning bed or something. 

i hope he tries to inject himself w/bleach to 'clean' himself on the inside. 

• Like 1

Cue all of the “right to die” numbskulls flocking to the beach because our dictator-in-chief says sunlight will save everyone. Then cue the same idiots injecting themselves with bleach... please. 

• Like 1

Just now, J3FF3R00 said:

Cue all of the “right to die” numbskulls flocking to the beach because our dictator-in-chief says sunlight will save everyone. Then cue the same idiots injecting themselves with bleach... please. 

bleach  shortage incoming in america!

gonna be like the opioid crisis. 

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

This shit McConnell is pulling on New York is as low as you’d expect. Maybe New York should turn off the economic faucet on Kentucky and see how far out of the Stone Age they can make it. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cuomo-reminds-mcconnell-new-york-pays-more-kentucky-state-bailout

• Like 1

Trump is gonna get his voter base killed. Fuckin idiot.

We all know they're the only ones who'll actually take his advice.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

“It’s just a suggestion from a brilliant lab from a very, very smart — perhaps brilliant man — he’s talking about sun, he’s talking about heat, and you see the numbers,” Trump told Rucker, referencing Bryan’s earlier presentation. “So, that’s it. That’s all I have. I’m just here to present talent. I’m just here to present ideas because we want ideas to get rid of this thing.”

https://people.com/politics/trumps-officials-explain-why-his-idea-of-injecting-disinfectant-into-patients-wont-cure-covid-19/

Don't eat or inject yourself with disinfectant, warns FDA commissioner

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-04-23-20-intl/h_1d2d1c2779b624b151a1f72557aabe0d

Edited by ignatius
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:
“It’s just a suggestion from a brilliant lab from a very, very smart — perhaps brilliant man — he’s talking about sun, he’s talking about heat, and you see the numbers,” Trump told Rucker....

ahahahahaha someone remove this man's voice box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

Trump is gonna get his voter base killed. Fuckin idiot.

We all know they're the only ones who'll actually take his advice.

I'm failing to see the downside here.

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

Anyone else find it hilarious that the "19" in Covid19 just stands for the year?  Easily the funniest thing about this pandemic.  it's like Dance Mix '96.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3