IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I was contemplating going to lisbon but flights there were 250, they were less than 50 return to Bristol, I know now that I made the right choice bristol was the best, the rocksteady/ska night on Friday in Elmers was out of this world. 

On 9/14/2023 at 4:06 PM, cern said:

I wonder how Ae's set was.. Must be pre-Confield something right after EP7 

What a freaking awesome lineup tho! 

Yeah it was... actually not that great. From what I remember they were on pretty late, 3am or so. Energy was flagging a little and instead of the slamming set required there was an extended version of '19 headaches'. Crowd dispersed, by the end of the set there was definitely plenty of room to dance.  Not one of their best sets.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 10:23 AM, diatoms said:

go on... :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

let's hear em

They're all on here... the last being the infamous Day for Night fiasco and likely my only chance to ever meet Richard in person...

• 3 weeks later...

Richard is still replying to comments: 

• Qukkusn

at 0:05:

@aphextwin did you know ralph lundsten at all?

Posted 3 months ago3 months ago
  •  
    user18081971
    Verified
     at 0:05:

no I didnt but it's ace your asking that, a real aficionado you must be, original reese bass. I guess I put it in the uchoob links...he weirdly looks like my mate mammoth

Posted 9 hours ago9 hours ago
  • Burger 1

Can someone please elaborate this? What does he mean by "Original Reese Bass"? 

And oh Blackbox Life Recorder track: "This Track is not Available in your Country" 

I'm guessing there is some ralph lundsten recording that has a reese-like bass sound in it and richard made the connection. No idea what song though because I'm not familiar with anything ralph lundsten did except that he was an early electronic pioneer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Holy shit that was so ahead of its time, and very afx-y, I feel like he must have gotten some formative inspiration from this artist if not this album.

The drum treatment, ambient sounds, and "unidentifiable electronic squiggy noises" are all there.

Edited by Hodorsbn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodorsbn said:

Holy shit that was so ahead of its time, and very afx-y, I feel like he must have gotten some formative inspiration from this artist if not this album.

The drum treatment, ambient sounds, and "unidentifiable electronic squiggy noises" are all there.

try to listen to it in hi def if you can Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

2 hours ago, Consul said:

I need more tracks like this in my life. Can someone please recommend some tunes like this through a thread or through DMs? (so that this place doesn't get off topic)

Check out more Lundsten (obvs). There's quite a bit on youtube. You might also like this. Not as futuristic sounding production wise, but similar in terms of funky breakbeats with general wigging out on top (more organic as much earlier than that track^). Bit closer to can than anything, rhythmically. Pretty lush tho. 

Edited by perunamuusi
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Consul said:

I need more tracks like this in my life. Can someone please recommend some tunes like this through a thread or through DMs? (so that this place doesn't get off topic)

Might not be exactly the same, but in any case, give Black Devil Disco Club a try. It's the shit.

If you play the "Vampyros Lesbos" soundtrack at the same time, you're pretty much there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

9 years later and the only soundscloud-bonanza track from 2015 that I listen to regularly is floating infinity. I know there were some other good ones in there but I can never remember which and its all too much to wade through, I always meant to go back and listen to them all again but never did. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zazen said:

9 years later and the only soundscloud-bonanza track from 2015 that I listen to regularly is floating infinity. I know there were some other good ones in there but I can never remember which and its all too much to wade through, I always meant to go back and listen to them all again but never did. lol

Yeah that one's a beaut.

This is still my clear favourite of the lot and, by far, my most listened to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone scoop up this comp by Jon Savage on Caroline True Records?

Contains "Utopia 3" aka "8 Upotia [brain floss mix]"

https://carolinetruerecords.com/products/jon-savages-ambient-90s-limited-to-300-double-vinyl-lp-a4-artprint

https://www.discogs.com/master/3324493-Jon-Savage-Jon-Savages-Ambient-90s

1 hour ago, silentvision said:

Did anyone scoop up this comp by Jon Savage on Caroline True Records?

Contains "Utopia 3" aka "8 Upotia [brain floss mix]"

https://carolinetruerecords.com/products/jon-savages-ambient-90s-limited-to-300-double-vinyl-lp-a4-artprint

https://www.discogs.com/master/3324493-Jon-Savage-Jon-Savages-Ambient-90s

Also Aka “consciousness utopia” from icbyd bonus tracks at Aphex shop

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Question, I’m too lazy to look but this is the longest thread on watmm….right? That sc dump was legendary, who else does that?

He's just special...

yo.png

• Like 2

Anyone have the Youtube link RDJ posted with the funny man doing some riddm on a synth/keyboard thing, very funny! 

You know it?