Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

8 hours ago, garbage_burner said:

new track!!!!

more ambient!!! maybe a proper album

8 hours ago, whylessness said:

oh my fucking god that is lush

• Like 2

I'd love it if he'd upload some drukqs era dnb tracks i would fucken shit my pants if that happened since drukqs is the greatest thing that has ever happened to music for me

Edited by thumbass

16 hours ago, jejunum said:

Listening to new phex shared for free by the man himself gives me hope for humanity. Thank you RDJ, I sincerely mean it!

Agreed:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Thanks RDJ

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

I'd love it if he'd upload some drukqs era dnb tracks i would fucken shit my pants if that happened since drukqs is the greatest thing that has ever happened to music for me

Those tracks are so complex, I think he likely included all of them on the album.  It would be hard to put that much effort into something and then not release it. 

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

try these!

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.36.35.png

8 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:
8 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Death looms close.

For me it does yeah

Hold Up StephenG:)

You're not going ANYWHERE!

You have much more Fun to experience:)

Love You Hugh:)

10 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It’s already been 5 years... fme time flies so fast...

Has anyone counted to ten lately?

Count how You Remember

1 mississippi, 2 mississippi....

or 1 one-thousand, 2 one-thousand....

start a timer

count to ten

stop the timer and look

everyone I've asked clocks in around

13 to 14 seconds now or longer:)

55 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Those tracks are so complex, I think he likely included all of them on the album.  It would be hard to put that much effort into something and then not release it. 

Knowing rich he has way more shit from that era. Yes they are complex but i wont believe that he only made 9 complex tracks in total. But you might be right when you say all of the really long track made it onto the album idk

Edited by thumbass

There's definitely more of those tracks knocking around, Cylob played a bunch of stuff that sounded like that era in my mates gaff after the gig we brought him over for many years back. I can't remember them that well, maybe some of them came out in the dump already, but there was a load of them, so I doubt he released them all.

i think richard said somewhere he had a ton of drukqs era stuff but it got lost. girlfriend stepped on a hard drive or lost on plane or something

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

These tracks are all new, right? Not saw ii era and maybe not archived works. 
He mentioned in the SoundCloud comments that most of them still reside in his live rig but I’m assuming that it’s just data and he’s tracking and uploading them one at a time. Tha2 for instance had no drums and when someone mentioned it, the world scam mix appeared the next day.  Would be amazing if he’s literally recording them and putting them up shortly after it’s done. 

Coming home after another crazy stressful day as a key worker, sitting down the garden with my shades on in the warm sunshine with a cold brew and listening to new Aphex Twin.

Thank you Richard, even though I'll never meet you, you're still as close as it gets to being a best friend.

??

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Thank you Richard, even though I'll never meet you, you're still as close as it gets to being a best friend.

??

this is super lame but so fucking true haha

his tunes have been there for me in all my ups n downs for most of my life.

• Like 3