Yeah it could have been someone at the CD plant (as a lot of leaks are apparently).

Really digging the album, my only problem is its not long enough.. I dont wanna wait another 2 years for new material.

He is good, very fucking good. Shame the leaks kick all the promo in the nuts a bit but still, the website was killer, the vids were great too. I lapped it up.
On his redditama he mentions something along the lines of him not caring too much about leaks, think its almost inevitable.. Im sure he'll get paid a good deal regardless of sales.

He also mentions AE and oversteps as a big influence/favourite so not a surprise you can kinda hear it

Really don't see the Oversteps comparison

at least 2 moments in the album sound like straight up tribute/homages to oversteps, ill timecode the parts in each song next time i listen.

Much appreciated, I've only listened to GOD once and it's pretty dense

3:20 - 4:00 of Lift is one

Yeah animals is next level pwoar..

Sticky Drama is the weird one.. I reckon it was gonna be the next single to grab the attention of some future browns then theyll have their brains fried by the rest of the lp

Really don't see the Oversteps comparison

at least 2 moments in the album sound like straight up tribute/homages to oversteps, ill timecode the parts in each song next time i listen.

Much appreciated, I've only listened to GOD once and it's pretty dense

3:20 - 4:00 of Lift is one

there is a synthstab on child of rage that sounds like it came straight outta ilanders

god knows what this dude samples, i'm loving the album, buy or die!!

Still don't get R+7, but absolutely loving this. I know "rave abstraction" or "deconstruction" is a pretty trite idea these days, but I think OPN absolutely nails it here. Rolls off the back nicely of his "bullet hell abstraction" tunes, I think he pulled apart all the excitement, precision, and mathemetical madness of bullet hell shooters with those tracks and it feels like he's applying the same ideas here. I was on the fence about a pre-order but this has totally convinced me.

Yeah it could have been someone at the CD plant (as a lot of leaks are apparently).

Really digging the album, my only problem is its not long enough.. I dont wanna wait another 2 years for new material.

He is good, very fucking good. Shame the leaks kick all the promo in the nuts a bit but still, the website was killer, the vids were great too. I lapped it up.

On his redditama he mentions something along the lines of him not caring too much about leaks, think its almost inevitable.. Im sure he'll get paid a good deal regardless of sales.

He also mentions AE and oversteps as a big influence/favourite so not a surprise you can kinda hear it

were does he mention it ? god so many artists are influenced by ae but i didnt expect him so say that somehow.

were does he mention it ? god so many artists are influenced by ae but i didnt expect him so say that somehow.

he loves ae and oversteps but doenst mean its an big influence

Guys, is the "Kaoss Edge Guitars" track on the album please ? Must be the most beautiful 20 seconds of music I've heard from OPN, would love to hear it in its entirety :music:

I don't think it is. But there's similar stuff in there.

Too bad. Thanks for the answer anyway :)

he loves ae and oversteps but doenst mean its an big influence

He did call them a "north star", which seems to imply Ae are guiding him to some degree.

Loving this more and more after a few listens. It's a really adventurous album without being unpleasant to listen too. One of the coolest things I've heard in a while, it flows nicely and works as a coherent album. He's really carrying the torch for inventive experimental music as Autechre get older and less prolific. Might be too soon to say but I think this is already my album of the year so far. Excellent work Daniel!