IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

On 4/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, jules said:

Maybe I’d be inclined to agree with that if Weirdcore didn’t upload a step by step guide to unlock a troll 

are u certain it was weirdcore? i thought it was freeka tet? 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

are u certain it was weirdcore? i thought it was freeka tet? 

I’m pretty sure it was. It’s fine either way, no worries. Something will come out someday

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, DavieAddison said:

Drop the Melodies From Mars remake you coward

I received this e mail today but 2 hours later  it was already out of stock. Anyone knows if it’s legit ? (Or already posted, sorryz then)

6366C229-35A6-42AD-A9A0-7CFAF830B8E5.png

Edited by zaizai
  • Confused 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, Adamovich said:

speaking of, when this will be out:

jfc...

Based on the still shot that the infamous shoop was created with, you got the feeling that she was a no-nonsense Latina who was done with your shit. Seeing her irl anime eyes and smile completely changes that. I wonder what else she went on to do in late 90s LA. 

Aphex Twin
Melodies From Mars
Cat: 050307 9. Rel: 01 Jan 90

Released on January 01, 1990 ???

11 minutes ago, psn said:

Unix time + 20 years.

so Melodies From Mars will be released on January 19, 2038

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diatoms said:

so Melodies From Mars will be released on January 19, 2038

soooon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i just wanna go to an aphex acid rave with everyone

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 6:39 AM, xxx said:

Based on the still shot that the infamous shoop was created with, you got the feeling that she was a no-nonsense Latina who was done with your shit. Seeing her irl anime eyes and smile completely changes that. I wonder what else she went on to do in late 90s LA. 

Yeah, she's gorgeous but in the windowlicker original photo she kinda looks like "meh, they're not gonna see my pretty face anyway, whatevs"...

• 2 weeks later...

maybe wrong topic for this but does anyone like Tunings for falling asleep (not counting the Korg tracks but I like those a lot)? I just listened to it for like the second time I think and while I do really like it it feels extremely inessential

it's got a nice vibe even if i can't fall asleep to any sort of music (i've tried multiple times it just does not work for me)

16 hours ago, X4creek said:

maybe wrong topic for this but does anyone like Tunings for falling asleep (not counting the Korg tracks but I like those a lot)? I just listened to it for like the second time I think and while I do really like it it feels extremely inessential

it's got a nice vibe even if i can't fall asleep to any sort of music (i've tried multiple times it just does not work for me)

yeah it's underrated! it's easy to miss under all that 2017 material + bonuses etc but it works great as a standalone album. i get the impression it was quite easy to make, but there isn't much else like it and i'd love to find out if rdj is interested in taking that style further.

it's the audio equivalent of big, perfect cinema with breathtaking visuals and a simple story. just little ideas made to be sumptuous and delightful ???

• Like 1

I always liked the tuning trax.

The 'sleep aid' concept was limited by the fact its only 10 minutes long and its bundled with the 2 hi energy korg tracks, but I love the vibe. Radiophonic Workshop style Clangers lunarscapes , hope we get something more in this vein.

• Like 2

I never really mentioned it on watmm, but i got super obsessed with those korg tunings tracks for a while when they came out.  really addictive stuff.  i assume they were all made on the monologue?

there is a release it reminds me of by a different artist, that was composed entirely on korg mono/poly, and has a lot in common if anyone else loves this vibe

Edited by markedone

• 2 weeks later...

user18081971's 50th birthday in two months

maybe a huge release to celebrate

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

wouldn't hold my breath for the birthday celebration but I really hope the NEW stuff (and I mean a new album of new music) is planned for this fall...

one can dream...