IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

all end reminds me of imaginary country-era tim hecker, so all good

overall an incredible effort. while I still haven't connected with elseq (and quite frankly never will probably, too many annoying tracks + absence of great track-to-track-flow), these NTS tracks are an instant "hit" for me despite the 8 hour running time. I'm playing with the thought of copping that 12xLP box set still not sure though lol.

also I loved the idea of the live transmissions so we could all experience these tracks together

danke sean & rob!

i can't wait to have the time to listen to all of them in one big playlist to get the full sonic wash/mental floss.

i need to watch twin peaks season 3 again too. 

I've taken Confield plus Zynaptiq Adaptiverb on top of it plus some additional stuff as a minimally dry signal and basically got all end. :-)

What if?

- From column thirteen I get the BoC In a beautiful place vibes, rmx by Mira Calix.

Shimriple - Track is heavily influenced by To Day Retreival rmx imo.

outright removal (I'm looking at you fLh).

Agreed Obel, you are correct and handsome.

You are both completely insane, that's the best track on session 3

=P

One of my favorites across the whole series... 

Actually - there's not one track I would take out if I was making a playlist... the whole 8 hours is magnificent. 

=D

I listened to Session 4 while falling asleep last night... and really loved it. More than the first couple times I heard it. I was so focused on the music, it kept me up. But after it was over, I had some pretty good sleeps. Session 4, like the 3 before it - is a fucking. beast. 

This entire collection of tracks is... mind-blowing. Just... mind. blowing. 

If I'm not still listening to this in 50 years, it's because I'm already dead. 

=P

so strange: I'm listening to "all end" on my earphones right now for the first time and the underlying melody that fascinated me yesterday (while playing the whole thing on my speakers) is gone. totally gone. not a trace. it's just not there. now i'm curious if I'll be able to hear it later at home.

I feel like all 4 sessions are better on speakers, tracks I thought I didn’t like were transformed for the better

yeah, same for me. 

I think i have been able to consume elseq ok, but most of the live releases have almost passed me by. I paid and downloaded them all, but I've just not given them enough attention as other Autechre releases.

Now i have 8 new hours of music to try and get to grips with and its going to be a hell of a task. I'm glad it was broken down into 4 chunks - can you imagine if all this had been dumped on us at once!

I have no qualms calling this my most valued music release of the 2010s. None at all.

And agree, NTS is too strong for me to playlist it. Not a dud track, flows handsomely. Elseq (2,3 & 5) maybe, but not NTS.

Edited by Roo

Community service announcement:

Remember: it’s ok to love both Elseq and NTS.

This^^^

In fact - I think I might love elseq even more after hearing these NTS Sessions...

=D

And I think elseq really helped me enjoy these Sessions more as well... they play off of each other incredibly well.

Listening to all end on a bus through North Jersey, looking out at the factories spewing out into the dark clouds above cities they power. Millions of people trying to make the most of their night, a collective glimmering light trying to make sense of its own existence. Clinging to the edge of this rock hurtling through the void of space. The bass rumbles as we slightly alter the course of the planets existence all for ourselves. To all a gonk night.

Listening to all end on a bus through North Jersey, looking out at the factories spewing out into the dark clouds above cities they power. Millions of people trying to make the most of their night, a collective glimmering light trying to make sense of its own existence. Clinging to the edge of this rock hurtling through the void of space. The bass rumbles as we slightly alter the course of the planets existence all for ourselves. To all a gonk night.

<3

:beer:  :beer: