IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I am one who has picture associations with everything. Autechre to me is not remotely only aliens and space, but also oceans, marble, castles, fruit, plants, I mean it can be anything. NTS as a whole to me has been more green and "pastoral" and plant like, more colorful than elseq which is more brown and gray and like a combination of machines and flesh and hard structures.

Edit: just for kicks.

Confield is alien and space and "dark night" (and the matrix-ish)

Draft is ocean, ships, branches, very "dry"

Untilted is this far distant future, very gray and white and cover fits perfectly

Quaristice is space, caves, caverns, but also shit like roads at night and like half urban landscapes and tunnels

Oversteps totally changed with this marble / greece / weird waterfall / pale brown / white building things

Edited by coax

Well, i guess i must be the usual diehard Autechre fan (since the release of LP5) but i'm trully impressed by this NTS collection. I did not see it coming.

Same here. Just listened to LP5 the other day (u know, as a break from the sessions) and goddammn I love that album to bits. Imho it remains the best the 'chre have ever done in channeling the raw feels through their sound. Unbelievable that it turns 20 later this year and itll probably go unnoticed *cough boc cough*

Well, i guess i must be the usual diehard Autechre fan (since the release of LP5) but i'm trully impressed by this NTS collection. I did not see it coming.

Same here. Just listened to LP5 the other day (u know, as a break from the sessions) and goddammn I love that album to bits. Imho it remains the best the 'chre have ever done in channeling the raw feels through their sound. Unbelievable that it turns 20 later this year and itll probably go unnoticed *cough boc cough*

yeah LP5 was my introduction to ae, too (and still at the top in my estimation). fuck man, now that you mention it... 20 years. wow.

Ok getting a little obsessed by all end today, played it 3 times. Can't be healthy.

Last play was full blast on my Sennheiser HD650s and I was feeling a bit strange by the 45 minute mark. One more play and I may start levitating.

To be fair, that's probably just editorial style. 

Also, I have no problem with the comparisons to sci-fi spaceships or whatever, even if it's a cliche. It's pretty accurate for NTS4 imo.

I don't have a problem with it, when somebody has this associations - that's subjective. If this is your association, who am I to question it?

Personally I have relatively seldom picture associations to any music, and if, they vary from my personal mood. This morning (it was almost dawn yet) as I was listening to Session 4, to all end I saw a seeshore, with huge waves breaking on the cliffs. It's cliché too, but it fitted the music, I was enjoying it. But I know, the music isn't "about" the ocean, and I could have any other assiciations too. Perhaps I will in the future.

But if in a review this is the only way, somebody tries to descibe a music (it's a hard job, I know), then I find it a bit lazy. Because it's only a subjective association, and says more about the person, who has this assiciations, as from the music itself, you know? All I want to say: this pictures don't help to descibe or to comprehend the music - at least not for me.

I'd much rather be exposed to these cliché associations, for sure, than the more literal "I hear a broom" or "cat" or "woodpecker" that we've been doing a lot of lately.

Almost sounds like a distant female vocal riding the all end (tsunami to end all deep impact tsumanis) wave around the 5 min and 25-27 min mark. Might just be hearing things after having Janelle Monae in my ears all day.

3 > 1 > 4 >>> 2

I’m kinda reluctant to listen again.. it’s just too fkn much to handle. Never had this before. It’s absolutely mental.

what happened mang?

think I was in a bad / lonely mood in the S02 week and it reminds me of that maybe... it’ll take some time and readjustment.. pretty sure it’s very subjective & S02 isn’t bad at all but I just like the other three a lot more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but aye, the entire thing has been fkn fantastic. When S01 dropped, we weren’t sure what’s going to happen innit, I listened at home with a friend.. but for all others, I tried & did some kind of special listening “celebration”, and it was well worth it:

S01 “WiFi socks” - just home

S02 “going north” - cycled up north out of town, explored a wind farm & a small patch of swamp / forest.

S03 “bicycle day” - half tab of acid & cycling south east, just cycling & looking for gonks & chatmm, this was super good

S04 “audiophile hideout” - friend of a friend has a hut by a lake in a nature reserve & brought his audiophile sound system. It was silly (I’m not an audiophile) but it was fun blasting some high resolution AE out into the woods for the birbs.

all in all, this was a very good experience, the way they presented the new material was very effective, it lent itself to do something special every time... obv total fandom stuff, wouldn’t have done this for any other artist lol

Autechre - all end

An evening stroll in Tokyo. One shot.

1080@60

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

Nice one this is excellent, got all nostalgic for Japan. And the picture quality! Lushness in overdrive.

yes, this actually really wonderful, thanks for sharing!