I've been off social media for the summer so I've totally slept on this release so far. I had no idea. I was flipping out last night listening to T69. Good shit.

Is the special edition vinyl sold out everywhere except those reserved for record stores? I'm not finding any places around Los Angeles that have it up for preorder..Amoeba is out of stock. Should I just search up a random record store that has it available and have it shipped at this point?

Fuuuuuu. I preordered on bleep and nabbed it there (luckily) but I was planning on getting a 2nd copy at amoeba... but I slept on it.

Yeah, I guess I'll just Google around until I find a record store that has it up for preorder and have it shipped to CA. But that's kind of a bummer Amoeba looks like the only place in southern California that has it for sale.

chrome cassette available

that's what I got and 24-bit

still holding out

only listening to T69 collapse

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

Cool, I just ordered a cassette and CD from the web store. I'll try to find some random record store on google for the special edition vinyl if it doesn't pop back up at Amoeba or Bleep.

Edited by Skeletron

I've been off social media for the summer so I've totally slept on this release so far. I had no idea. I was flipping out last night listening to T69. Good shit.

Is the special edition vinyl sold out everywhere except those reserved for record stores? I'm not finding any places around Los Angeles that have it up for preorder..Amoeba is out of stock. Should I just search up a random record store that has it available and have it shipped at this point?

Fuuuuuu. I preordered on bleep and nabbed it there (luckily) but I was planning on getting a 2nd copy at amoeba... but I slept on it.

Yeah, I guess I'll just Google around until I find a record store that has it up for preorder and have it shipped to CA. But that's kind of a bummer Amoeba looks like the only place in southern California that has it for sale.
FYI, I’m still planning to go to Amoeba on the day of the release. Seeing as they have had goodies like posters, stickers, decals and bags for Aphex releases in the past (PLUS they were the location of one a handful of site-specific adverts), my guess is there may be a good chance of some nifty-ass SWAG :cool: Edited by J3FF3R00

Is anyone else able to comment on the Aphex store? I preordered it but I don't have access to comment on that release.

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned how horrendous the cover art is... I have to agree. Anyone up for making a thread to submit alternate cover art? I could imagine a cover more like this style:

https://www.discogs.com/Africa-HiTech-93-Million-Miles/release/2871874

Of course with the aphex symbol.. and a dash a Gary Indiana vibes... somehow.

(Not sure how to visually accomplish this but if someone found a way that would be cool)

wr3zJ1w.png

Is anyone else able to comment on the Aphex store? I preordered it but I don't have access to comment on that release.

if you preordered it on bleep it won't work, same problem here. didn't know he will put the exact same offer on his bleepstore too...

if you preordered it on bleep it won't work, same problem here. didn't know he will put the exact same offer on his bleepstore too...

From now on always buy thorough the aphex store. Otherwise you won't get the future tracks.

From now on always buy thorough the aphex store. Otherwise you won't get the future tracks.

you don't get bonus tracks for free anyway or am i wrong?

you don't get bonus tracks for free anyway or am i wrong?

Well I dunno about the Aphex Twin bleep store, but with the Autechre bleep store when I pre-ordered the NTS Sessions vinyl box set, I was getting each NTS Session every week after the broadcast.

When I was checking into my order, due to the delivery issues those of us in the UK were facing, I noticed that there was another download in my list associated with my order. It was a 9 track release called 'twelb'

I think if you order the physical you can only comment in the physical section and if you order the digital you can only comment in the digital section.

I hath crammed mine hole with 500ug of clean L and digested this album and video thoroughly, low quality leak and all...

My god

The promiseland

The fucking title track had me literally rolling my eyes in my head unable to tell up or down. So many layers of samples and synths.... so many changing grains. Mind fuck of a middle part made way more sense on acid than sober for sure...

That ending tho. Unabashed see you in 10 years beat fuckery with all the flares and reverb tails. Lovely

But I thought Cheetah was more "surprising" "innovative" than this.

Bonus thing : Seriously nobody here on WATMM thinks that the beginning of Collapse 69 (especially the bassline) just sounds very much like...

This : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BY-6vP07M

Those basslines. Has anyone tried copying these syroish basslines? I think it's part the little slips of octave-jumping portamentos but there's something uniqu about them harmonically as well... can't quite wrap my head around them synthesis-wise.

I’d guess there’s also hard-sync tuning drifts programmed in the sequence as well from the cirklon. There’s a ton of little automations and quirks in his bass work post Tuss