IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Just experienced the transition from 32a_reflected to elyc9 and it's mind-blowing. I really hope they will be on the same side of the vinyl edition!

Just experienced the transition from 32a_reflected to elyc9 and it's mind-blowing. I really hope they will be on the same side of the vinyl edition!

nah...the vinyls for each session are sold separately as well, so that won't be happening

Just checked, it's all Side A on the digital vinyls. Everything. NTS 1-4.

So I suppose it’s fair to say the bladelores/splesh/all end chord is probably Rob & Sean’s favorite sound of all that they’ve have created?

Edited by seaburn

While listening to the slowed down bqbqbq I realized it was in 4/4. fuckin cool.

120bpm, hey? During the broadcast personally I only managed to locate the pulse towards the end, because if I'm not mistaken that's when the snare drum becomes more steady. I think of it as 12/8 or 4/4 in triplets

yeah it's 4/4 triplets.. cf.:

https://soundcloud.com/0f-digital/autechre-bqbqbq-vs-vnv-nation-electronaut

While listening to the slowed down bqbqbq I realized it was in 4/4. fuckin cool.

120bpm, hey? During the broadcast personally I only managed to locate the pulse towards the end, because if I'm not mistaken that's when the snare drum becomes more steady. I think of it as 12/8 or 4/4 in triplets

yeah it's 4/4 triplets.. cf.:

https://soundcloud.com/0f-digital/autechre-bqbqbq-vs-vnv-nation-electronaut

:biggrin:

:mu-ziq:

:beer:

what a bunch of smartypants we all are

So I suppose it’s fair to say the bladelores/splesh/all end chord is probably Rob & Sean’s favorite sound of all that they’ve have created?

that got me thinking about other occasions where they've reused certain sounds on multiple tracks...

that metallic synth thing @ 1:11 on tac Lacora is the same as @ 1:11 on prac-F

synth patch starting @ 2:30 on Tilapia sounds similar to the main one in Cichli

pendulu hv moda & carefree counter dronal obviously use the same sound palette

same drums on n.th Dafuseder.b & d-sho qub

those are the only ones i can come up with at the mo

synth patch starting @ 2:30 on Tilapia sounds similar to the main one in Cichli

iirc the ep is called Cichli Suite because all the tracks were made with the same gear setup that cichli was made with.

Same goes for envane/nuane

ive never had an urge to make a parody of ae music until nts. this feels wrong but i felt the same when i saw for the first time dudley moore's parody of beethoven (cause im a big fan of ludvig van), i was like ''faq you dudly! not the ludvig van one!!!'' but it's quite funny actually! ...especially if you know beethoven's music well enough. i find the dudley's parody similar in a lot of things to my ideas for paroding ae, especially that part at the end of the performace when he's struggling to finnish (with) the sonata :) 

=D

The 'gonk' tracks are hitting me in all the right spots today...

=D

I'm so psyched about the physicals being sent out. I can't wait to hold that small stack of 8CDs in my hands. =D

I was really thinking about splurging and getting the vinyls as well, but seeing as I don't own a turntable anymore and I just lost my job (not complaining, I've already got another job lined up) - I'm thinking I can't really justify the purchase ATM.

=P

**BTW - loving all these memes. 

It's great seeing all of these and knowing that only other AE fans will appreciate them. 

So... THANK YOU to everyone who's contributed to the onslaught of memes lately. 

=D

They've all put big smiles on my face.

Edited by Hk47

Yeah been listening back to NTS1 a lot since last Friday, and gonk steady 1 seems to pack even more of a punch. Along with e0, it would have to be my pick of the sessions, despite countless classics.

t1a1 has also raised in my estimation a lot, love getting lost in it.