IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

god hates us. autechre is over (all end, plus no interview because sean and rob hate each other because sean wanted to make a nice spotify top 10 album and rob called him a "scab" so their friendship is over) and NTS 1-4 was the most uneven autechre release ever. they can't release another album for eight years because they've exceeded the quota for hours of music released in the U.K. what a fuckday.

(hope everyone had fun)

Overall a fantastic finish for a month of new Autechre. Very much looking forward to the listens to come. Funny that the albums Session 4 reminded me the most of (Quaristice, Oversteps, and Exai) were the ones i revisited this past week.
I will be listening to all 4 in their entirety this weekend on my friends ultra sweet über hifi while enjoying a home cooked meal, sipping on fine scotch and lounging like a gentlemen.

Cheers Rob & Sean!
May you enjoy your summer, the years to come, and continue exploring and expanding the reaches of sound and music to share with the world.

yeah column thirteen is dope. overall - and i never thought i'd say this - but they really should have edited some of this down. i might make my own mix of it as a shorter release but not sure i care enough. it's a problem for me that they thought eight hours of this music was that fantastic (and i'm a big enough fan that i splurged on the vinyl).

weird we never got any interviews or press for this giant eight hour release also. is that a first?

Edited by lastrushup10

I worry that my fantasy of journeying through all 8 hours of this in one sitting is going to be hampered tremendously by the last hour. Like, I doubt I will want to sit through the whole thing most of the time in the best of situations, much less after the mental exhaustion of 6 prior hours of ae.

Again, why is the mix so quiet? They can very well keep a high dynamic range while having their tracks at reasonable loudness, so why is NTS4 so damn quiet? It's a bit annoying when shuffling with tracks from the other NTasses or elseqs

Not at my rig any more and cannot control loudness.

I'm consedering to shorten 'all end' and giving it a proper deconstruction ending. Was a bit disappointed about the simple fading ending.

AE - All End? End of NTS residency? Would be shame as they are in incredible creative stage, but on the other hand I can’t imagine a better end of thier journey!

It did seem, mainly due to the 8-hour-long length, that this would be a landmark release. I'm listening to all end once more, with that thought in mind, and it's fucking beautifully depressing.

In the last few years, most pieces were made out of crazy sounds, well formed vertical-lines across the frequency spectrum, now in the last track everything's flatlined.

The thing of the last session on vinyl is actually is that the tracks will be sped up. Last track twice the speed! You thought it was ambient, but instead...  :emotawesomepm9:

seriously though: totally forgot about todays session and downloaded it straight from bleepstores. the minute i saw it had 5 tracks... bwaahahaha..you kind know the direction. that last track being an hour long. haven't heard it at this point, but it's quite amusing reading about this track while it was live. 

currently up at playing column thirteen. i wont be the biggest fan of these longer ambient tracks, but they sound interesting. it's a bit like watching 2001. at first its a bit of a wtf. but if you bend your mind around it, its good at what its trying to do. (still havent heard that final track though...)

and wouldn't be surprised these tracks work on different speeds btw

Not sure why people think ae would retire suddenly like that. I mean, having read through some of the AAA questions and a few interviews circa Elseq and Exai era, I feel like they've said stuff indicating that they would be doing this even if they weren't getting paid for it, and that they can't imagine doing anything else. It doesn't sound like they had any expectation if it ending any time soon.

The only other reason I could think why they would stop is they're bored of it, or out of ideas. If NTS isn't evidence to the contrary then I don't know what is.

Not sure why people think ae would retire suddenly like that. I mean, having read through some of the AAA questions and a few interviews circa Elseq and Exai era, I feel like they've said stuff indicating that they would be doing this even if they weren't getting paid for it, and that they can't imagine doing anything else. It doesn't sound like they had any expectation if it ending any time soon.

The only other reason I could think why they would stop is they're bored of it, or out of ideas. If NTS isn't evidence to the contrary then I don't know what is.

I still think "all end" could be a nod to "be all end all" considering it's a 60 min ambient track filling up an entire record

you can jump around `all end` in your player and see what they're up to with it.

yeah that's what i just did in search of that melody ppl were talking about. in vain.

I kept hearing this treble melody, very very hard to hear. I wasn't sure if it was actually there, or if my mind was making it up, but it kept popping back into my head so I'm pretty sure it is actually there.

Later on I'll try and find a place where you can hear it clearly.

So you first get a peek at the melody around 8:20. You can hear it most clearly in the left rear. It's basically a rising pattern of 3 notes that repeats, with a pad-like instrument.

the AAA question thread is allready 4 1/2 old, things change, maybe they want a longer break who knows maybe its just a track name

we will see

Edited by Kavinsky