IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Just read on my local news that a big spreader of the virus is on gas pump handles and shopping cart handles. Make sure you are wearing disposable gloves or use a paper towel and then throw it away immediately when you are finished using either handle.

8 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

Just read on my local news that a big spreader of the virus is on gas pump handles and shopping cart handles. Make sure you are wearing disposable gloves or use a paper towel and then throw it away immediately when you are finished using either handle.

Yep. I've avoided baskets and trolleys for a while now. Put stuff straight in my own bags then i know I have capacity to carry it out after I've paid.

8 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

As an existing germaphobe, that would seem obvious to me. After a supermarket or petrol station run, I'd rather cut off my hands than touch my face or handle food before the nearest handwash salvation. My hands rarely feel seedier.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yep. I've avoided baskets and trolleys for a while now. Put stuff straight in my own bags then i know I have capacity to carry it out after I've paid.

Same here (apart from the paying bit) ?

6 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

Same here (apart from the paying bit) ?

the store i go to has the sterile wipes next to the carts. they've had them there for years. but i'm going to bring a papertowel or something and get all phobic about it next time. 

btw.. the tracking site chart is getting scary in the USA

https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

ebcfb388-6ae3-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3?fit

don't think that graph presents meaningful information though. there's a structural underreporting because people aren't being tested. and you'd rather see a "per capita" on the y-axis. US and Spain look equally severe, but these are vastly different countries in population-size. That's apples and oranges. don't think ft is doing a good service here.

for some data and graphics i prefer

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's it! The GOP successfully targeted HRC during 2016 elections to have a pneumonia. This time, the DEMs are on it and the entire world is on the receiving end!

Thanks, Democrats. Finally showing some global impact with your policies.

* signs up for breitbart and infowars *

Can Asians like takeover the world already lol? They seem to know what they are doing. Especially given the US trajectory looks like the worst yet.

Japan were the first of the developed economies to disproportionately grey as well, so a high percentage of the population would be demographically vulnerable.

Didn't the Spanish Flu start in Kansas or something?

• Facepalm 2

Australia recorded its 1000th case today.

I don't think there are any cases yet within an hour of where I live.

Bondi Beach on Friday:

A wide shot of a large amount of sand and water, with many people on it.

Saturday:

A large number of people go about their usual beach-going lives on Bondi Beach.

Sunday: Closed!

• Facepalm 3

from the comments of this video:

I was confirmed positive Covid 19 today. Better now. My symptoms: Monday evening: face feeling flush and headache. Tuesday: Minor upper respiratory mucus and low grade fever. Tues night the worst body aches I've had ever that i recall. Felt like i was in a bad car accident. Weds: Aches continue & low grade fever. Weds evening, fever broke. Friday morning aches resolved. Never had a cough. But did have to clear some mucus few times a day from throat.

• Like 1

yeah I've had all of those symptoms in the last 10 days or so, apart from i only had very mild aches that I wouldn't have really put down to anything if there wasn't this coronavirus issue everywhere. no real cough other than every now and again clearing some mucous, mild headache (easily banished with paracetamol), hot feeling face, bit hot under the armpits and slightly flushed. had a little bit of an upset stomach as well for 2 days, but nothing major. mostly feel perfectly alright now, and if I had been living under a rock and hadn't heard of covid-19 I wouldn't have given the above a second thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

23 hours ago, kakapo said:

Big shout out to the homeopaths, osteopaths and acupuncturists for keeping us all safe in these troubling times. 

Did you hoard a whole bunch of essential oils? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roo said:

Can Asians like takeover the world already lol? They seem to know what they are doing. Especially given the US trajectory looks like the worst yet.

Japan were the first of the developed economies to disproportionately grey as well, so a high percentage of the population would be demographically vulnerable.

Didn't the Spanish Flu start in Kansas or something?

Singapore and South Korea are both using massive tracking efforts that have serious privacy implications. Along with Japan, it’s already been a societal norm to wear masks there for some time (a couple of decades or so).  
China’s incompetence resulted in this being worse than it needed to be. Plus their tracking efforts are even more draconian than South Korea and Singapore. 

then you have fuckwits like this trying to normalize those approaches: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/615370/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing-18-months/

so yeah while the Korean efforts at testing should be applauded, their tracking shit is unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Ok, so, daily dose of french cringe.

This is Montparnasse train station, this morning, during the lockdown you know ?  all this Parisian fucks are fleeing to their secondary residence, while spreading the virus everywhere, I'm speechless...

782797324_Capturedcran2020-03-2116_07_59.thumb.png.032d2185be7e9d93630b51a80cf8314d.png

Capture d’écran 2020-03-21 à 16.08.28.png

Capture_d’écran_2020-03-21_à_16_14_41.png