IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

On 3/11/2022 at 1:25 PM, Draft78 said:

in the meantime...
I'm waiting in the hope that terraforma will put out the one day only tickets, with the fear that this option will never appear and even the 3-days-ticket (150-fucking-euros) will run out. This, looking with sovereign resignation at Barbican and Helsinki M.C. pics. Lucky you northern people. 

I've always found Terraforma lovely. Very Milan-ish, but unique. A 3 day festival where you can find high level artist playing under the sky in the middle of the trees. In electronic music that's kinda rare! Autechre in total black under the stars, wow! Also, DJs always take that chance for playing more eclectic sets and the lineup is usually good...
I remember Vladimir Ivkovic playing a 3-hours set of slow IDM at 2PM. For me, unforgettable

Anyway, I totally understand your point. Where you from? 

21 hours ago, dcom said:

The OneSix tour venue was a (rock) club (capacity 700), the upcoming gig is at Helsinki Music Hall, where the usual fare is classical w/ full orchestra, so the room is actually a full concert hall (capacity 1700) w/ seats for the audience. The seats behind the stage won't be used, so the venue will not be sold to full capacity.

Konserttisali_1920X800_2012-08-22_Arno-d

I have two seats in the middle of row two in front of the stage.

What a terrible place for a rave.

21 hours ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Wow, that's a great hall regardless. Gonna look up some orchestral programs there. Autechre is playing a dang concert hall. I wonder what precipitated that.

They did this at Dekmantel when I saw them supported by Manuel Gottsching doing E2-E4. Cool gig.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lachesi said:

I've always found Terraforma lovely. Very Milan-ish, but unique. A 3 day festival where you can find high level artist playing under the sky in the middle of the trees. In electronic music that's kinda rare! Autechre in total black under the stars, wow! Also, DJs always take that chance for playing more eclectic sets and the lineup is usually good...
I remember Vladimir Ivkovic playing a 3-hours set of slow IDM at 2PM. For me, unforgettable

Anyway, I totally understand your point. Where you from? 

I haven't been to the previous editions of the Terraforma, but friends have told me it's an absolutely cool situation.
Well, in the case of Ae, being something I can consider a sort of personal illness, I would definitely prefer a fully dedicated situation (the auric condition for onesix and - probably - this new tour, would actually be a theater), but yep, I'm sure it will be a great time (i mean... autechre in the woods!)
single nights tickets...  this is something I really hope for...

i'm from La Spezia, you?

On 3/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, dcom said:

Still plenty of tickets - I'd say about 1000 - available for the Helsinki show. I would be very, very surprised for a sold out event at 1700 capacity.

Will you get your money back when this wont happend because of covid?

50 minutes ago, Butts said:

sure. any cancelled show etc gets a rescheduled or you get a refund. thinking now how my money for the squarepusher gig in portland was refunded because of covid. fucking ay.. was looking forward to that show so much. 

4 hours ago, Butts said:

I would think so, it's no longer force majeure. The restrictions have been lifted almost completely in Finland, things would have to get really bad for them to get applied again, even the mask mandates are being phased out. Finnish vaccine coverage is 88.7 % first dose, 86.3 % second, and 61.4 % third.

• Like 2

I hope they not are not doing to much of the depressing and anxious SIGN-Tracks. 
Don't get me wrong, It was a good album but boi it's too moody! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cern said:

I hope they not are not doing to much of the depressing and anxious SIGN-Tracks. 
Don't get me wrong, It was a good album but boi it's too moody! 

they haven’t played anything like their albums live for a decade

• Like 2

4 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

2 on the same day? Second one is afternoon I'm guessing... How many hardcore fans will be going to both? 

in 2015 i went to both portland shows. glad i did. was so good both nights. i'll do it again if they have 2 shows here someday... 

• Like 1

Not too keen about a seated concert hall gig but I guess I'll get a ticket. No idea if I'll be in Helsinki in September though.

For anyone who can't come I guess it's notwotwo.

I'll get me coat

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, zkom said:

Not too keen about a seated concert hall gig but I guess I'll get a ticket. No idea if I'll be in Helsinki in September though.

For anyone who can't come I guess it's notwotwo.

I'll get me coat

Saw the onesix concert at Royal Festival Hall and that material worked very well as a seated gig. Depends on the new live set I guess, if it's non stop bangers then seated doesn't really work.

They're also playing festivals though? Hopefully they'll be changing up the set to suit the venue. 

5 hours ago, X4creek said:

eh, oneeight straight up had a column thirteen jam

i don’t really consider nts to be a proper album, more like a studio based live set/peel session kind of thing

14 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Yep and the 14-15 sets were full of NTS and elseq extended variations

But it's really the other way around that various permutations of live tracks from AE LIVE and onesix / 2018 made their ways onto NTS and elseq. Similarly to how a live piece from 2010 (I think only one) found its way onto Exai (tuinorizn).

Edited by mTesc
  • Like 1

I've always kinda wished they'd play tracks or extended versions of tracks already released for their live shows, instead of brand new unheard of material. Or at least do both, like have longer (all nite?) sets where they jam out selected tracks from their catalogue before easing into unknown territory towards the end of the set. 

• Like 1