So I'm watching Mandy and like... I had major major problems with his first film Beyond the Black Rainbow. Its like his movies are developed from the outside in, and therefore feel hollow. The weaknesses in pacing and directing just don't feel intentional... Maybe I'm getting old or something, but I have a feeling that John Carpenter could direct the shit out of a scene of people talking at a table, whereas Panos could not. Ah well.

Edited by gnarlybog

Hard to be a God - Probably need to read the book and watch it again, probably need a bath too. There was definitely a crew member who's job it was to throw either a bird or a chicken at an actor when things went quiet for a couple of seconds.

Just saw the new Tree of Life extended version (it's 288 minutes), I think it's much better than the theatrical cut. As always with Malick everything is fucking lush, except those cgi dinos :(

I added 100 minutes because I'm dumb, it's "only" 188 minutes. I don't know man, I enjoyed watching those kids run around doing stuff, it's no Gummo though.

Five Element Ninjas. So entertaining, so many lovely sound effects, so many weird optical lenses, what sets and costumes, such acting! 5 elements out of 5, there's a special magic to some of these old Shaw brothers movies.

Edited by Gocab

I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey in IMAX today. I hate that movie so much.

Fight me.

there are some cool parts and then some dumb parts and then some boring parts. it's better than 90% of movies

The ending of 2001 makes it all worth it imo. The mystery of the monolith. I don't care as much for the concept of Aliens triggering human development.

Related, i watched 2010 back when i was a kid, and pretty much all i remember is the fetus getting out and talking.

Ok, to be fair I think hate the people who praise that movie as a masterpiece more than I hate the movie. Anyone who still hasn't grown out of their 16-20-year-old-phase and who still thinks it's cool to smoke weed and listen to The Dark Side of the Moon while watching 2001 is the worst. Take your weak ass weed and gluten free spelt bread somewhere else. And while you're at it, stop talking about Waking Life, please.

Fight me!

Fight me!

Well I would, but your argument is such an oversized generalization you basically started this fight with nukes and that doesn't lead anywhere.

Sniper rifles or katanas, otherwise, no fight.

Fight me!

Well I would, but your argument is such an oversized generalization you basically started this fight with nukes and that doesn't lead anywhere.

Sniper rifles or katanas, otherwise, no fight.

;D