220px-The_Autopsy_of_Jane_Doe.jpeg

cops find what looks like a quadruple homicide inside a home. they take one of the bodies (found half buried but pretty much in excellent condition) to the local coroner (brian cox) and his assistant son (emile hirsch). when they begin the autopsy they find that there are no "obvious" marks that would cause death except broken joints. when they cut her open, they find her lungs are badly burned- "i suspect these are the lungs of someone who should have suffered serious third degree burns"

and another thing. it seems like someone has made marks to her hurt. and she has swallowed a piece of parchment that seems in perfect condition. "what we're seeing here is impossible" says the son.

starts off good, slowly begins to disintegrate before ending in an almost childishly moronic conclusion.

Ok so the new Halloween film is not scary but it has some insane stylistic flourishes. There is a smash cut to the title credits that took my fucking breath away.

The score is like a beefed-up more menacing version of the first. Nice.

Saw "The Hate U Give" with a bunch of people from my school recently. I've heard the book is better but I loved the movie. The movie ended more peaceful than it probably should have (Everyone who's seen the movie knows what I mean), but beyond that it was really raw and opened my eyes a lot.

Edited by Decoy Blimp

The Witch, aka The VVitch

I ended up really enjoying it because of the apparent faithfulness to old folktales and dialogue taken from those ye olde times. But also because the main character girl was fine as fuck and felt bad that she had to live with her depressing religious kook family in the wilderness. They fucking sucked, so I'm glad she got to get away and live a cool satanic life and party and shit. 

^ try Thoroughbreds for more of your Anya Taylor-Joy fix.

I watched The Breakfast Club for the first time in my life. loved it. Allison is my spirit animal.

The Witch, aka The VVitch

I ended up really enjoying it because of the apparent faithfulness to old folktales and dialogue taken from those ye olde times. But also because the main character girl was fine as fuck...

Wtf, man? She looks like a 12-year-old in that movie...

hansen_063011.jpg

hansen_063011.jpg

lol.

Back to the vvitch. I thought the actor who played the brother did a phenomenal job in his death throws having his visions and such. 

It was a wonky flick for the most part though. Enjoyed it, but found a lot of it inadvertently hilarious.

first man - watched it in the cinema, i always help ryan gosling financially, last time with blade runner 2049 and now with this one. the film's ok, technically impressive (the camera work and the cinematography), understated and reserved (besides the action sequences which are pretty intense, and the sound which was way over the top but kinda cool), backed up by a pretty stupid score, and overall kinda boring and forgettable. only went to see it because i hoped damien cheezle will somehow subvert this artistically hopeless biopic genre, but besides de-dramatziing and de-glamorizing a significant event it's pretty much on-rails biopic with very familiar and dull moves and turns.

Edited by eugene

Tinker Taylor Soldier Snooze  = Clever cold war atmosphere set design but my God what a fucking boring useless film. 

Apostle = Pretty good, has a lot of elements intrinsic to films I like. Isolated island cults, supernatural forces, torture and monsters lurking in underground sewers.

Dallas Buyers Club = Had this saved on my Netflix list since signing up a few years ago. Finally decided to watch it and was blown away. Classic.

Just got done watching the Papillion remake...

Rami Malik is fantastic...

I love this fucker...

Mr. Robot, Buster Mal's Heart and then Papillion...

It makes me want to go see Bohemian Rhapsody even though I absolutely despise Queen.

=P

I remember seeing Rami Malek in Short Term 12 and feeling like he had a lot of potential which was pretty limited by his small role. it's nice to see him making it big. same thing with Lakeith Stanfield, he was in ST12 too and now he's landing all kinds of shit. iss good mane.