spacer.png

this was excellent. any fans of Heat that haven't seen this need to check it out. Michael Mann took a lot of elements from this film and re-used them in Heat. the Deniro character in Heat was heavily influenced by the James Caan character here. incredible performance by Caan, and great cinematography. classic 1980's Tangerine Dream score as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The Batman

Unnecessarily slow and way to long, I think a good hour could be cut from this.

Emo Batman is kinda cringe, moves so slow sometimes he looks more like Slothman amrite will wink

Catwoman hot AF tho.

• Like 3

On 2/28/2022 at 1:24 PM, YELLOW said:

First time watch of this, I thought it was pretty awesome. Seems like most people didn't like it. It hasn't even gotten a bluray release

5167D0661QL.jpg

This was my first glimpse at Tilda Swinton in the mid 90s. She almost ruins the film with the overacting and overbearing scene stealing way she played the head of the group. Sal! Sal! Sal! Robert Carlyle on form at the start though, and loved the beginning of internet culture at the end where the main character logs onto the web. 

Oh, man, when they brought in the marvel and star wars merchandise I wanted to kill myself.

The Tragedy of Macbeth. Had higher hopes for this one, but overall it was pretty good. Being fairly familiar with the play and other adaptations, I think most of my issues were nitpicky little critiques of the way the characters were developed or how certain lines/soliloquies were performed.
It was visually interesting. I liked how it felt like a film from the 30s or 40s, not just because of the black and white but also because of the creative sets and lighting. 
If you’re a Cohen Bros fan, you’ll probably know this is the first movie Joel has done without Ethan. Ethan, however, wrote a hilarious review of the film that is 100% worth a read. 

• Haha 1

anyone else on here that can't stand Jean-Luc Godard's stuff? I tried Le Mépris and Made in U.S.A. (for a few minutes lol) and both piss me off equally 

43 minutes ago, Berk said:

anyone else on here that can't stand Jean-Luc Godard's stuff? I tried Le Mépris and Made in U.S.A. (for a few minutes lol) and both piss me off equally 

your heart must be fresh broken in order to enjoy Pierrot Le Fou and Le Mepris. I'm speaking from experience, there's no other way.

• Like 2

watched possessor recently.  saw the uncut version. it's a good psychological type syfy horror. immersive and has a nice muted subdued type score. well done. will probably watch it again at some point. 

The Batman

Real nice critical race theory / wokeness propaganda film.

Everything's the evil rich white man's fault.  They had to throw the "white" in there as much as they could.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, lyst said:

The Batman

Real nice critical race theory / wokeness propaganda film.

Everything's the evil rich white man's fault.  They had to throw the "white" in there as much as they could.

I hope you’re ok. Sounds like you had a tough time ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

220px-Mardi_Gras_Massacre.jpg

despite this film's reputation as being one of the original 'video nasties' it's a pretty embarrassing piece of work. a wide eye psycho cruises different bars in new orleans soliciting (then killing) strippers. there's a detective on the case, but you wouldn't know because the other side to this film is his romancing a dame that the rebuffed the psycho's advances. 

if anything- this film can be seen as a travelogue for the new orleans club scene circa 1977-78. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1