IGNORED

Burial - Rodent

Culture

Nah, he's just homeless. He only releases a track if he breaks into someone's studio and manages to record one track before getting caught. If any of you IDMers walk into your studio and see a pile of cigarette butts, and a couple of empty bottles of Mad Dog 20/20, you'll know you have been visited by teh Burials. He also may have tried on your gf's lingerie cuz he's like that, ya know. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost certain he'll be able to live a reasonably comfortable life off royalties, without the need to work elsewhere, even with London's lolworthy rent/mortgage prices. The first two albums likely continue to sell really well and he's become pretty prolific again with his singles/EP's. He has over 200k listeners on Spotify every month and likely sells a lot through itunes/the other digital platforms too. All those compilation royalties soon add up too. I'm sure he'll be able to eat In McDonalds any time he wishes  :wink:

Is that what the sirens are all about - He records it to dictaphone just in time before the fuzz arrive, then moves to another studio to do the same thing (hence the tiny track snippets)

I like his music up through Truant/Rough Sleeper but maybe he's into other things these days and music isn't his main hobby. There's only so much you can do with this niche Burial is in. 

After not having released an album in a decade, I wonder is he still living off his earnings from the first two? He doesn't do live gigs. Or working a day job somewhere in anonymity, maybe he works at Hyper Dub?

same with Chris Cunningham and Jai Paul, probly working at a store or studio somewhere, lol

He must get a decent amount of royalties from Adam Curtis docos alone

why should he not have a day job ? many musicians need one.

also CC works with car and perfume companies, i think he earns enough with 1 spot for the whole year.

Yeah agree would be better with bit less vocal and more of that funky sax!

Having said that do like it. Its certainly the most danceable thing he has done for time. Would sound wicked played out

What gets my goat more than the vocal loop is the muffled steel drum sounding shit alternating between two notes throughout the whole track. That just seems inexcusably lazy. I mean I guess the melodic and harmonic elements in his songs have always been pretty simple and repetitive but I can't recall ever being this put off by it.

You're walking down a dark alleyway on a cold, rainy night. Somewhere off in the distance, a singer croons soulful, evocative lamentations through the ethereal fog which permeates your inner-city existence. Around the corner, you hear the sound of a bullet casing hitting the worn, broken concrete, almost as if it were happening in slow motion. Suddenly the eerily familiar, almost too familiar, clickety-clack of a lightly-syncopated drumbeat descends upon you, punctuating the rise of Mary Anne Hobbes' spectre from a nearby skip. Slowly it dawns on you that there's no way out; you're stuck in every Burial song ever made.

LOL

A+

This would of been a great season conclusion to Twin Peaks

damn good cup of coffee (in this McDonalds)

Archived