IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

is the EP worth picking up? if I had more cash I'd definitely pick it up, but I'm out of the work at the moment so I shouldn't. . .

. . . but I want it.

Edited by QQQ

Blow by Blow feels to me like a sideways "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence", which, given OPN's rework of a Ryuichi Sakamoto piece makes total sense for connecting the dots.

+1 on the Sakamoto vibes. My favorite of these new ones.

I like all of it

Also lol pitchfork

Edited by Gocab

opn1vijj.jpg

Oneohtrix Point Never in conversation with cult artist Jim Shaw - On AI and Algorithms, “Sour Registers,” and The Nightmare on Elm Street (SSENSE)

Celineformation:

"But long story short, in homage, I composed this piece called “Toys 2” because I really have very few memories of Toys with Robin Williams, but I thought, "Okay. This will be my proof of concept for Robin Williams’ posthumous CGI return, which will break his request in the will, and it will be a controversial item, and it's going to be this big moment in culture. I'll just make the music now." I had this strange kind of kazoo sound and it's playing this strange lullaby on top of these other things that somehow quoted Céline Dion. I’m thinking we must be reaching the end of a harmonic epoch. There's only so many permutations of the chromatism left to uncover."

Edited by jasondonervan

he's being naïve a pseud there. the reason he ended up quoting celine dion in that track is because of his limited melodic language

​Yeah man that's horse shit. He's a good talker but some dude quoting a super simple diatonic line from a soundtrack does not the end of chromaticism make.

Blow by Blow feels to me like a sideways "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence", which, given OPN's rework of a Ryuichi Sakamoto piece makes total sense for connecting the dots.

+1 on the Sakamoto vibes. My favorite of these new ones.

the wiggly guitar solo even sounds like kazumi watanabe on thousand knives

opn1vijj.jpg

Oneohtrix Point Never in conversation with cult artist Jim Shaw - On AI and Algorithms, “Sour Registers,” and The Nightmare on Elm Street (SSENSE)

Celineformation:

"But long story short, in homage, I composed this piece called “Toys 2” because I really have very few memories of Toys with Robin Williams, but I thought, "Okay. This will be my proof of concept for Robin Williams’ posthumous CGI return, which will break his request in the will, and it will be a controversial item, and it's going to be this big moment in culture. I'll just make the music now." I had this strange kind of kazoo sound and it's playing this strange lullaby on top of these other things that somehow quoted Céline Dion. I’m thinking we must be reaching the end of a harmonic epoch. There's only so many permutations of the chromatism left to uncover."

Listen to aphex and you'll soon realise there are still many melodies to uncover. 

Love OPN but he does talk some pretentious bullshit. 

all sounds rather bombastic  :catrecline:

Listen to aphex and you'll soon realise there are still many melodies to uncover. 

aphex fanboys please stay in your containment subforum

Edited by span

this is just like that big controversy a few years ago when it turned out that half the tracks on r + 7 were just shrek 2 ost slowed down

Lol

aphex fanboys please stay in your containment subforum

lol

Genuinely enjoy OPNs music, garden of delete was great! And his interviews can be interesting too. Just thought it was a bit of a cop out to say the reason behind you ripping titanic was because it's the end of the 'harmonic epoch' i mean come on, that's pretty funny. 

He's prob just trolling to be fair

I've not been trying too hard because I don't want to ruin the track but I don't hear the similarities between Toys 2 and My Heart Will Go On :/

Anyway, I spent the holidays among medieval cities, castles, ruins etc and couldn't get Age Of (the track, not the album) out of my head. 60mn of harpischord is what I want

I've not been trying too hard because I don't want to ruin the track but I don't hear the similarities between Toys 2 and My Heart Will Go On :/

Yeah, I don't really hear it either.. 

just heard commissions II and it just cements how much of a pisstake this album is compared to those tracks man, what went wrong lopatin?

Funnily enough I bought the download of this album along with the 12'' of Commissions II and I've heard the album twice (maybe 3 times skipping the awful vocal tracks and sighing on the inside) but Commissions II .... fuck me it might be the best I've heard this decade, just an incredible trilogy of tracks especially the closer. That EP is just something else.