IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I really enjoyed the Quake 1 reissue additional campaigns. Ended up only playing these instead of the original game lol. Will probably get Quake II, I remember trying to emulate it on my PC a long time ago, but it gave me nausea lol

• Like 3

Tried Prey for a bit although it has a cool opening I was soon overwhelmed with a neverending checklist of stuff to do. Which is a big contrast with the game design I had recently experienced in outer wilds. Its also awkward to play on controller.

So I returned to outer wilds and played the echoes of the eye DLC. Pretty goddamn amazing as well, imma start a religion about this game.

I'll give prey another chance some other  day.

Quake 2 for the switch is great. 60 fps, new lighting effects look great, and new shadow effects on all characters and environmental bits like fans. Really gorgeous. It’s also cool that there’s level select, that makes for replayability I think.  

• Like 2

Today, August 22, in 1998, NYPD officer Max Payne arrives home to find that his wife Michelle and daughter Rose have been killed by a trio of men addicted to new designer drug Valkyrie

On 8/22/2023 at 11:21 AM, iococoi said:

Today, August 22, in 1998, NYPD officer Max Payne arrives home while eating his favorite sour candy and farting and finds that his wife Michelle and daughter Rose have been killed by a trio of men addicted to new designer drug Valkyrie

p2xjr0k6utny.jpg.94ba66e2ef0f86812f266a34dc1acc53.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 2

I finally beat Neon White. Got gold on almost every mission and ace on a lot of them. But just too many levels to go do it all. Fun gameplay, silly storytelling, great music.

I think I'll do Metroid Prime remastered next. I loved the original.

bought several games during the recent steam sale

gta5 (no, i haven't played it yet)
steel division
order of battle
red dead redemption 2
quake entire series (because reasons)

also have to wait for the new pc parts to arrive

• Like 2

Bought a Series X, my first console in a long while since the 360 back in the stone age. I had a hard time deciding between it and the PS5 but figured I don't want to miss out on Starfield, and Game Pass has a decent game collection that appeals to me more than all the Weeaboo arcade stuff on PS+. Bummer about missing Demon's Souls and Last of Us, but eh. 

I kinda figured it was a decent machine, but seeing first-hand a 4K HDR game like Jedi Survivor on my 70" is really something else. Blindingly good visuals and it runs so well. Stoked to try a bunch of other titles, thankfully Game Pass ought to keep me occupied until Starfield drops two weeks from now. Really liking the juiced up retro games like AoE 2&4, Quake, Doom 3. Hoping Baldur's Gate 3 drops before the end of the year. 

• Like 2

Quake is my kind of game! 
I Love Quake and Quake II, I just wish Quake II had more of the creepy NiN-music instad of hard rock. 

Right now Im playing The Room III it got that creepy vibe also. 
Sound effects and noises can do a lot to a game 

• Like 1

Still so happy that the Xbox Series X is backwards compatible with old discs. Found a copy of Halo 3 on Xbox 360 in my wardrobe and completed it which made me go out and buy disc copies of GTA 4, Liberty City Stories and Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition (I really wanted to play Undead Nightmare).

I've also preordered Payday 3 and am genuinely so excited to play since I really got into Payday 2 back in 2017. My friends weren't too into the game back then but seem excited to play Payday 3 with me!

Edited by milkface
  • Like 4

*mutters some more*

anyway, I have dived back into Stalker after many years. been playing a heavily customised version of the mega-mod Anomaly (decided to give the GAMMA modpack a pass, fucking headache to install). fun times and much cheeki-breeki'ing. still amazed at how good this game can look, for an engine this old.

prior to this I played Disco Elysium for the first time and it was as funny and zany as I'd expected it to be from everything I'd heard.

I'm keen on Blasphemous II (which I just snapped up - very happy to pay full price to support this studio) and Armored Core 6, but I still have such a massive queue in Steam to work through that they will have to wait for now.

• Like 3