Films watched via Air Canada entertainment system.

London to Calgary

10 Cloverfield Lane - Pretty good thought the ending was a bit silly, but my concentration was waning at that point probably just down to plane/journey fatigue

Maze Runners The Scorch Trials - Entertaining enough plane fodder. I rather enjoyed it.

Vancouver to London

Straight Outta Compton - Excellent, really fucking good imo.

The Martian - Absolute fucking horseshit. I should of known better lol, the kind of movie I avoid like the plague. Having said that I did watch it all but I think that was more down to the fact that it was about 2.5 hours long and was gonna kill a massive chunk of time. Which it did.

National Film Board of Canada - Documentry on the Pacific Rim National Park. Perfecto!

Edited by beerwolf

10 Cloverfield Lane - so fucking good.

The Lobster - great. Reminded me quite a bit of the superior The Bothersome Man. Wife hated it.

LOVE The Bothersome Man

Mirrors - what the fuck am I doing with my life/10

hahahaha, I've got that in a folder of films to watch somewhere. I put it off every time I browse in there.

hahahaha, I've got that in a folder of films to watch somewhere. I put it off every time I browse in there.

It was on Netflix so my girlfriend and I thought "fuckit" and put it on. I regret it. I need a good horror movie.

Cartel Land

Holy sweet mary, utterly engrossing and entertaining yet at the same time completely shocking and revolting. Beautifully shot, captured and told, truly makes you reevaluate your day to day silly worries when put in comparison with their situations. Just leaves you saying "Dang............shits fucked up!"

Drugs are bad/10

The Conjuring (first one) - piece of shit

Nooooo... this one is actually rather neat, it is the only James Wan film I like in the whole wide world.

Finally watched Chappie last night. The film kind of felt like a convoluted promotion piece for Die Antwoord. I guess it was trying to straddle between the DA hype and the whole AI evolution / transferable eternal consciousness idea. It felt like a modern version of a badly-written Michael Jackson film from the '80s.

I liked Chappie himself, but Ninja was pretty much a poes until the ending. Also, why go to the trouble of transferring Chappie's consciousness to another robotic police scout shell when they could have simply found a way to recharge his fucking battery? Shouldn't you just be able to plug him in like any phone with a low battery?

Anyway, I mainly just watched it just so I can say I have. But I can see now why it got shoddy reviews. Shame too, because I love D9.

Seems like one thing Edgar Wright and Neill Blomkamp have in common in their "trilogies"; while they're both great directors, it's like they'd given up on story-writing in their last films.

Edited by ambermonk

Son of Saul - immense & harrowing/10

after Come And See honestly thought you couldnt get a better WWII filem, but then this came along. Worlds away from the open, sprawling plains depicted there. Loved the view-point narrowing your gaze, the sound design was incredible, that echo-laden hell of the bowels of the camp, then the pits and fires and executions. The doom sank into your bones like nothing else could.

Surely 1 of the greatest films of all time.

It was on Netflix so my girlfriend and I thought "fuckit" and put it on. I regret it. I need a good horror movie.

If you find one let me know, watched A Lonely Place To Die, it closed Frightfest film festival but isn't a horror at all, just Deliverance without the hilarious rape.

The Other Side Of The Door isn't good and is probably a bit racist but has a couple of fun jump scares.

I didn't realize y'all panned Cloverfield. What was wrong with it?? Sucked me right in like extraterrestrial vagina dentata.

I loved it! Haters gonna hate tho, what can ya do

Nooooo... this one is actually rather neat, it is the only James Wan film I like in the whole wide world.

yea reading old posts it seems WATMM liked this movie but I found it mind numbingly boring

If you find one let me know, watched A Lonely Place To Die, it closed Frightfest film festival but isn't a horror at all, just Deliverance without the hilarious rape.

The Other Side Of The Door isn't good and is probably a bit racist but has a couple of fun jump scares.

There's a Belgian film you might be interested in then... It's not horror either but it's kinda fucked.

Calvaire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/

on Nights again and I didn't bring DVDs as a precaution against a staff search. So I'm Horror Channel-ing it up tonight.

Got 2001 Maniacs on with Robert Englund, enjoyably terrible schlock.

After that there's something called Midnight Son

yea reading old posts it seems WATMM liked this movie but I found it mind numbingly boring

Really? That's disappointing cos I'm right there with you. Like Grampa Makes A Horror Movie For The Kids basically.