IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

As people are fleeing NYC, i can see other cities doing that, maybe heading to the Midwest, Great Plains areas.  People out in rural Alaska would fare better i would think than being trapped on an island like Hawaii.

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

As people are fleeing NYC, i can see other cities doing that, maybe heading to the Midwest, Great Plains areas.  People out in rural Alaska would fare better i would think than being trapped on an island like Hawaii.

That's what started to happen here in Finland that people tried to escape the crowded capital area and now the government is trying to isolate it from the rest of Finland. The reason is that besides spreading the disease around there's much less capacity in the rural areas to take care of even their own population let alone city dwellers coming to add extra patients.

• Farnsworth 1

As much as I’d like to show some humanity, fuck that blonde, entitled, hypocritical agent of deceit.

Hancock too, every time I see his “yes sir, thank you sir” face, wearing that NHS pin, I just want to smash the cunt.

Soz. And breathe.

• Like 3

3 more confirmed cases on my ship, but they've been isolated for quite some time now... 

These people are not respecting social distancing at all, they keep touching and hugging and breathing on top of each other, riding the elevator like an herd, 10 in a round table at lunch, bunch of fucking retards... This makes me not feel sorry for them... Sorry if i sound too harsh... 

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

3 more confirmed cases on my ship, but they've been isolated for quite some time now... 

These people are not respecting social distancing at all, they keep touching and hugging and breathing on top of each other, riding the elevator like an herd, 10 in a round table at lunch, bunch of fucking retards... This makes me not feel sorry for them... Sorry if i sound too harsh... 

stayawayfromTim_J

just cause it rhymed:)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Can confirm this (so far) at least in the case of villages along the west coast like Bethel, Dillingham, Kotzebue, and Nome, where there are no confirmed cases yet. The state as a whole has a confirmed number of cases of 69, as of now - my borough accounting for about half. Triple digits are inevitable, but we do have the advantage of natural isolation. We're just heavily reliant on air travel when it comes to logistics.

COVID-related FWP: I still can't find any disinfectant product in stores, unsurprisingly. I hope we get another shipment soon, like we did with potty paper.

EDIT: Alaska up to 85 confirmed today, along with first in-state death; a 63 y/o woman with underlying medical conditions.

Edited by ambergonk

9 hours ago, manmower said:

A Belgian cat has just become the third pet in the world (following two Hong Kongese dogs) to be infected by its owner. :cat:

She's alright folks, cat has made a full recovery.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zkom said:

That's what started to happen here in Finland that people tried to escape the crowded capital area and now the government is trying to isolate it from the rest of Finland. The reason is that besides spreading the disease around there's much less capacity in the rural areas to take care of even their own population let alone city dwellers coming to add extra patients.

Yeah same here. Sydneysiders fleeing to holiday homes in uninfected country towns is ultimately a selfish act as most country towns don't have ventilators or ICUs.

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Roo said:

Yeah same here. Sydneysiders fleeing to holiday homes in uninfected country towns is ultimately a selfish act as most country towns don't have ventilators or ICUs.

Metropolitan hospitals here don't have enough ventilators or ICU's either ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Shit everybody confined alone to their own cabins during 72 hours... Shit just hit the fan... 

It's fine dudes don't worry, I have a window in my cabin and just managed to download season 1 and 2 of westworld so hope is not lost... thanks for your concern thought... I truly appreciate it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

6 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

yeah i've been sneaking out for some field recordings at night now that it's quiet, and have seen a few people with packed cars fleeing the city :facepalm:

it's so goddamn selfish. "oi nah it's fine i don't feel sick or anything"

also Australians got a mass text that was so useless i nearly threw my phone at the wall. this meme explains it pretty well

7Unrh0i.png

"stay home if sick" is some high level criminal negligence. this comes off the back of days of confusion and mixed messaging. this will defs encourage people to go out... "oi nah it said stay at home if sick and i'm not sick"

this was on WEDNESDAY OF THIS WEEK btw. this is not from a month ago or anything. fucking shameful. by the way sydney is pretty much "business as usual" tons of cnts still floating about, playing tennis, acting like nothing is happening.

Yeah the second I got that piddling text I deleted it. I assume thoughtless people did as well, as it won't convert the unconverted.

NZ are like our better angel.

Given there was no pre-poll early voting stations available, my parents had to go vote today with the rest of their town for the local council elections (which no one could give a crap about). Voting at the local still-open school. So if it is present in the town, it will pick up speed after today. QLD has blood on their hands.

Edited by Roo
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

another scandal. QLD actually holding elections today despite everything going on. like dude i'm pretty sure people will understand if you put it off for a few months....

Everything about QLD has a vague whiff of corruption about it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

What problem is this supposed to solve?

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

What problem is this supposed to solve?

it's basically a wink wink to polluters.. "ok, you can open the valves all the way because even though we weren't really checking pollution levels since trump got elected now you have your implicit consent to do whatever the fuck you want"

• Like 2