"T69 Collapse" is a great track, and the video was fun (nice to relive some elements of Weirdcore's visuals after having seen them live in Houston), but I must say I'm really surprised that there was all that hype just for an EP. Really puzzling.

I'm feeling the amount of money spent on the awesome promotional posters and the video (which must of been a pretty penny) must be recouped in some way. So there must be more on the way. Has to be a few more live shows and an album. Hopefully.

Are you saying £17.99 for a single 12” isn’t recouping enough?

Id rather get 5 good tracks than 20 fillers

When have you ever known aphex to do filler? 

apart from orphaned maybe 

Edited by ceiling

"T69 Collapse" is a great track, and the video was fun (nice to relive some elements of Weirdcore's visuals after having seen them live in Houston), but I must say I'm really surprised that there was all that hype just for an EP. Really puzzling.

I'm feeling the amount of money spent on the awesome promotional posters and the video (which must of been a pretty penny) must be recouped in some way. So there must be more on the way. Has to be a few more live shows and an album. Hopefully.

Are you saying £17.99 for a single 12” isn’t recouping enough?

Nope, it is indeed a fair wedge. If it's just the EP then I'd also be puzzled. But not in a negative way.

Id rather get 5 good tracks than 20 fillers

When have you ever known aphex to do filler? 

apart from orphaned maybe 

Filler is pretty subjective, obviously.  That said, if I'm sticking to just "Aphex Twin", I feel like there were a few tracks on CCAI that were pretty filler.

Best 4 track EP would have to be Quoth for me.

hey man it's Warp's sales dept. speaking, we need help figuring out how to make this record label thing work out, we think you're the man for the job

hey man it's Warp's sales dept. speaking, we need help figuring out how to make this record label thing work out, we think you're the man for the job

sorry Warp, I don't do cocaine anymore 

Edited by beerwolf

snar2 -- indisputably an essential contribution to the aphex twin cannon

lol

That dog's bark still haunts my dreams to this day.

Also, hat5c 0001 rev-4 is the weirdest and coolest shit ever. I hope this isn't the last we have heard of James' robots.

523robots.jpg

start with fixing your servers :shrug: Edited by jules

start with fixing your servers :shrug:

Maybe if they implemented that Agile workflow...

I'm thinking that just because something is an EP doesn't mean it's not a cash cow, esp. in the world of electronic music, vinyl, etc. Also I really doubt those billboards cost them all that much. Aphex is popular enough it'll make them money easily. This one is a lot easier to promote than like, cheetah or ODS which are really not the most exciting. This track is exciting and has a cool music video, the primaravera track is exciting, this will be a big EP for warp. Think of come to daddy EP. They spent loads on a music video for that, and probably loads on promotion. You think that was a waste of time because it's "An EP"?

Is there any chance that that one polnomial-c acid redo he did live on day for night will be released on this album, according to the track lengths?

Obviously not when you look at the titles.

Maybe he'll upload it as one of the bonus tracks on the bleepstore? I think I remember him talking about that track in one of the comments on there, but I don't remember where that was.

I'm thinking that just because something is an EP doesn't mean it's not a cash cow, esp. in the world of electronic music, vinyl, etc. Also I really doubt those billboards cost them all that much. Aphex is popular enough it'll make them money easily. This one is a lot easier to promote than like, cheetah or ODS which are really not the most exciting. This track is exciting and has a cool music video, the primaravera track is exciting, this will be a big EP for warp. Think of come to daddy EP. They spent loads on a music video for that, and probably loads on promotion. You think that was a waste of time because it's "An EP"?

I see what you're getting at. However, to be clear, I'm not saying that anything is a waste of time here. Nor am I really concerned so much about the money. I'm more concerned about the buzz being generated for this thing, the energy and effort. Again, I love the track and the visuals in the video. To return to "Come to Daddy" or (what also confused me at the time) "Windowlicker", I was puzzled at the hype machine then, too. 

Oh well; whatever. It's good music, and I bought some physical stuff, so the business keeps on chugging along. I have more thoughts on this, but it doesn't really matter. I'll just be looking forward to hearing the rest of the EP soon. 

That tweet with the failed report is funny. 

Today when I was running down the street high fiving with some buzz words I was getting a lot of smiling faces and a lot of palms offered up for slapping.

"HEY" "guys" "Seriously?" "that's" "like" "great" "hello?" "guys, it's jules"

People were responding to the upbeat tone in my voice plus the body language of my raised palm as I ran past, they instinctively raised their hand with a smile on their face. Part of me wondered if I could have been saying anything and they would have responded the same.

High Five to ya Schlitze:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

Indeed

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: