IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

12 minutes ago, Gocab said:

RIP all of Sweden, wtf are you up to. ?

It's the grand herd immunity experiment featuring Corona Bob and the rest of the government. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

There's just no fucking way I'm going to be doing that. I wash my fruit and veg, which I was doing anyway, and that's it. When I was young my live was hugely controlled by OCD acts and this seems like just the ticket to reactivate those tendencies for me. Also when does one decide it's safe to stop doing this? Does this dude have a 3 part clean room system to enter his house? Because otherwise this seems pretty pointless anyway, he could pick up the virus with his shoes for example and it would be all over his floor, so if he drops something he would either have to discard it or disinfect it. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit but seems to me this dude is all about getting some yt views.

The Uusimaa region in Finland  (contains Helsinki and the metropolitan area and some smaller towns) is getting isolated for 3 weeks from the rest of the Finland tomorrow. I've almost ended up in quarantined regions before but never expected it to happen in Helsinki, ffs.

Have to just wait this out I guess. Wishing I could put myself in some cryostasis for 6 months. Anyway, busy coding now to keep the project I'm working on going.

Also probs a good idea to start limiting following the covid news a bit. Just check the essentials a couple of times a day.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Can't you just hang out in smaller groups? 

These guys are at my uni so they're all over the UK and three of them are international students so there's no option but to wait ?

Edited by milkface

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Also probs a good idea to start limiting following the covid news a bit. Just check the essentials a couple of times a day.

Yeah same here. My lockdown consumption the last week had been Ingmar Bergman films, Adam Curtis films and regular Covid-19 updates, and that combo is liable to put you into a despondent mood. Plus my livid fury at QLD holding elections this weekend.

Good time to just detune frequency and have a laugh.

yea taking care of your mental health should be pretty high up the priority list. i've read some corona -subreddits and some people are getting really mentally unstable because of all this. just follow all the precautions etc. but other than that.. chill if you can. a bad emotional state doesn't help anyone.

easier said than done for most, personally i'm quite lucky to live in a relatively small finnish town and i can avoid people pretty easily. but yeah.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, user said:

Does this dude have a 3 part clean room system to enter his house? Because otherwise this seems pretty pointless anyway, he could pick up the virus with his shoes for example and it would be all over his floor, so if he drops something he would either have to discard it or disinfect it.

Yeah it's strange cause it looks like he's picking stuff from the floor, the blue bag... 

But you could always leave your shoes outside of your house right? Or use those green shoes coveralls that nurses use... 

He seems like an honest guy, don't think he's doing this for popularity... 

7 hours ago, user said:

There's just no fucking way I'm going to be doing that. I wash my fruit and veg, which I was doing anyway, and that's it. When I was young my live was hugely controlled by OCD acts and this seems like just the ticket to reactivate those tendencies for me. Also when does one decide it's safe to stop doing this? Does this dude have a 3 part clean room system to enter his house? Because otherwise this seems pretty pointless anyway, he could pick up the virus with his shoes for example and it would be all over his floor, so if he drops something he would either have to discard it or disinfect it. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit but seems to me this dude is all about getting some yt views.

What kind of fucking savage wears shoes in the house?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

What kind of fucking savage wears shoes in the house?

Back in Japan we had to wear separate slippers for inside our dorm. Not only there, but even some buildings at the university had their own slipper rack. This was in 2008 though.

1 hour ago, cwmbrancity said:

spacer.png

I just happen to have a soft spot for Corgis

7 hours ago, Thiefinger said:

yea taking care of your mental health should be pretty high up the priority list. i've read some corona -subreddits and some people are getting really mentally unstable because of all this. just follow all the precautions etc. but other than that.. chill if you can. a bad emotional state doesn't help anyone.

easier said than done for most, personally i'm quite lucky to live in a relatively small finnish town and i can avoid people pretty easily. but yeah.

This is how I feel about following the constant Trump news and politics. It's good to stay informed, but causes a kind of background anxiety if I am reminded of the Trump white house on a daily basis.

A few years back I got this app that blocked out anything Trump related. They need to make it for the virus, and maybe sends you to an 'essentials' page that tells you how it's progressing, but besides that just blocks the copious amount of things about it. I don't need an interview from every public figure about it.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1