IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Yeah I've been walking 5 miles a day and going on bike rides on the deserted city streets. I can't see how I'm going to spread anything staying 3 metres away from anyone

• Like 3

Solo or duo (if always with the same partner) outdoor exercise in your neighborhood is actually encouraged here in Belgium.

Supposedly near-zero risk if you keep your distance, and in the long run it might do wonders for our sanity. Realistically we are looking at at least two months of living under the current conditions.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, goDel said:

going outside on it's own is not a big deal though. as long as they're not partying in the streets and being in crowds. personally think it's fine if people go outside and walk. have some kind of normal life while in isolation. small things can help a lot to make this thing actually work. and the most important thing is to stop the big things. events, gatherings, crowds and all that.

having a walk is good for your health. it's best for people to keep doing some form of exercise. and even better to do that outside in the sun. catch some vitamin d time, so to speak.

but that's just me, i guess. i don't believe in the militaristic approach where essentially we're all in personal prisons for the next months. that's not going to work. and btw, that militaristic would necessitate people staying in their personal prisons until a vaccine becomes available. that could take a year, if we're able to develop one at world record pace. sorry, i just don't think that's a viable approach. until than we just need to be sure the healthcare system is not being overrun. if that can be achieved by allowing people to walk outside, by all means please do!

don't get me wrong,  a little walk alone outside your house is fine, I'm living in the mountains next to a forest so of course that's not a problem for me, but I'm talking about groups, sometime large groups of people living the normal everyday life outside...

3 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

don't get me wrong,  a little walk alone outside your house is fine, I'm living in the mountains next to a forest so of course that's not a problem for me, but I'm talking about groups, sometime large groups of people living the normal everyday life outside...

even the forest isnt fucking safe. i went to a garden nearby and a guy passed me on the trail, coughing just as he passed me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pcock said:

Yeah I've been walking 5 miles a day and going on bike rides on the deserted city streets. I can't see how I'm going to spread anything staying 3 metres away from anyone

Keeping your distance only does so much, considering the virus could potentially remain in the air for a few hours via a cough or whatever.  The chances that you have it are of course very unlikely (1/25,000, give or take for UK at present).  But if you had it and you were walking around in public, it would likely spread to other people regardless of whether you kept your distance or not.

im not walking around in public im walking on a pretty much deserted canal cycle path beside my house. yesterday i saw 2 dog walkers in 5 miles.

cycling is a bit different but again the streets are largely emptry at this point.

General information ive heard is that its mostly picked up from surface contact rather than directly breathing the same air as someone especially outside.

Still pretty chill for outside exercise where I am. People still riding bikes & jogging. Apparently yoga classes are still happening (I know, ridiculous).

44 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the virus could potentially remain in the air for a few hours via a cough or whatever.

That’s coming from lab tests. Irl is not that dramatic. 

I love how the french gov is sending mixed signals :

Wednesday : STAY AT HOME !!!

Thursday : GO TO WORK !!!

Friday : Y U NOT STAYING AT HOME U FUCKTARDS ?!?!

I'm sure everything will be fine...

5 hours ago, pcock said:

I go walking for stress relief too, and to recover my muscle mass.  It's about a quarter mile down to a beautiful pier overlooking a Florida lake, so no complaints.

IMG_9576.JPG

• Like 5

Belarusian president is telling citizens to drink vodka daily to keep the virus away: https://charter97.org/en/news/2020/3/17/369665/

"Wash your hands more often, have breakfast, lunch and dinner in time. I am a person who is not a drinker, but lately I have been jokingly saying that vodka should not only be used for washing hands, but probably for taking 40-50 grams per day in terms of pure alcohol to poison this virus. But not at work."

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, pcock said:

General information ive heard is that its mostly picked up from surface contact rather than directly breathing the same air as someone especially outside.

Unless you're on the Diamond Princess 

9 minutes ago, zkom said:

Belarusian president is telling citizens to drink vodka daily to keep the virus away: https://charter97.org/en/news/2020/3/17/369665/

"Wash your hands more often, have breakfast, lunch and dinner in time. I am a person who is not a drinker, but lately I have been jokingly saying that vodka should not only be used for washing hands, but probably for taking 40-50 grams per day in terms of pure alcohol to poison this virus. But not at work."

Similar advice is coming from the balkans: https://taz.de/Corona-in-Osteuropa/!5671580/

Looks like Slivovic is the cure to the virus. The Chinese government already ordered large contingents from Serbia. Živjeli!