IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Ok I’m at work and believe me, French lockdown is a fucking joke, there’s no lockdown everybody is at work., wasn’t joking about France aiming for the number one spot...

I know it's always to possible to just stay home & call in sick or whatever, but are there any corona specific laws in place that allow people the right to self isolate, without repercussions from work, if they feel it's necessary?

i know a bunch of people who work in restaurants and bars and they're all pretty fucked right now. they all can't shift over to stocking shelves in grocery stores and driving for grub hub.

if you want to do something to support others just reach out to people. beyond that donate to local food banks..  donate blood if you can. i'm sure if you call the red cross they'll tell you how you can donate blood. it's needed like always and more so now because all the blood drives are cancelled. 

as this progresses there will be opportunities to lend a hand in some way.

you think i'm an accelerationist? if acceleration is happening i can't help but point it out.  i want to remove this entire system so that no more acceleration is possible.  if it's happening and i can point it out, you can bet your life i'm going to point it out.  you on the other hand are trying to deny it and play feelings politics with me, getting mad that i'm merely pointing it out.  i want private property abolished in favor of communal property so that NOBODY is in poverty, and the current acceleration is evidence that this needs to be done.  but me pointing that out is wrong, and your feelings politics of focusing merely on the crisis at hand rather than the larger superstructural problems are in your view more humane, I say they are not
you sound jealous of people with more stuff than you

4 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Ok I’m at work and believe me, French lockdown is a fucking joke, there’s no lockdown everybody is at work., wasn’t joking about France aiming for the number one spot...

You are in only the third European country to go into lockdown.

You may think it's half-assed, but there's no standard definition of what a lockdown is exactly, and further measures by your employer or your government are highly likely in the coming hours or days.

So it would be nice if you could drop the "number one" theatrics.

6 minutes ago, BCM said:
2 hours ago, Zeffolia said:
you think i'm an accelerationist? if acceleration is happening i can't help but point it out.  i want to remove this entire system so that no more acceleration is possible.  if it's happening and i can point it out, you can bet your life i'm going to point it out.  you on the other hand are trying to deny it and play feelings politics with me, getting mad that i'm merely pointing it out.  i want private property abolished in favor of communal property so that NOBODY is in poverty, and the current acceleration is evidence that this needs to be done.  but me pointing that out is wrong, and your feelings politics of focusing merely on the crisis at hand rather than the larger superstructural problems are in your view more humane, I say they are not

Read more  

you sound jealous of people with more stuff than you

lol are you being serious or are you making fun of people who would say something like that?

3 minutes ago, manmower said:

Oh hi Zeff.

I haven't been paying enough attention; did you drop the truth bomb about how this wouldn't have happened if humans didn't treat other animals like shit yet?

holy fucking shit how did I forget to even mention that once.  as this fine individual has pointed out, if the world went vegan these nonHumanAnimal-to-humanAnimal viral transfers would not happen.

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Thanks 1

It's turning into one of these threads now isn't it. Can't we just revel in death and despair without petty in-fighting? It's the apocalypse ffs

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gocab said:

It's turning into one of these threads now isn't it. Can't we just revel in death and despair without petty in-fighting? It's the apocalypse ffs

Some folks like to spend their end days proving how clever and right they are. Others just want wine, woman and sodomy.

I'm firmly in Camp Wine, Woman and Sodomy. Have a nice day ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gocab said:

if only Zeff weren't here

oh well, he'll go off the deep end and get banned eventually

@beer badgerShould call you wine, women and sodomy badger from now on 

;D

Anyways, this lockdown shit is going to annoy the F out of me. I can already tell.

Tried to do some exercise today. The weather is fucking fantastic. Sunny and not much wind. I've got my own boat at the club, so I thought to spend some time on the water. Ideal conditions. Discovered the government ordered all clubs to be closed. Ffffff. I would have been completely alone on the water. Completely isolation proof. And there's a chance I already had Covid-19 and unable to transfer it to others now anyways. Damn. I need that water time. Good for a dose of vitamin D as well.

#FirstWorldCrisisProblems 

?

Edited by goDel

8 minutes ago, goDel said:

@beer badgerShould call you wine, women and sodomy badger from now on 

;D

Anyways, this lockdown shit is going to annoy the F out of me. I can already tell.

Tried to do some exercise today. The weather is fucking fantastic. Sunny and not much wind. I've got my own boat at the club, so I thought to spend some time on the water. Ideal conditions. Discovered the government ordered all clubs to be closed. Ffffff. I would have been completely alone on the water. Completely isolation proof. And there's a chance I already had Covid-19 and unable to transfer it to others now anyways. Damn. I need that water time. Good for a dose of vitamin D as well.

#FirstWorldCrisisProblems 

?

This is annoying the hell out of me too. I wish they'd distinguish between crowds and just being outside in open spaces. With a smart enough populace this would come naturally; people wouldn't crowd together, but would still be able to move around outdoors at good distance from each other. Not that I'm gonna let these rules keep me from going out, biking etc. Just annoying that we're made to feel guilty/paranoid about doing something that's absolutely fine. But once again everyone is at the behest of the hoarding and panicking idiots. Lowest common denominator sets the agenda as usual. 

Edited by ooqpoo
  • Like 1

Yeah. Instead spent some time biking. Saw some people fishing and just walking and all that. Mostly friendly people as well. Friendly greetings and all that. More than usual. And rightly so, I guess. We have to get through this lockdown together (by having more freedom than just staying inside you house). Let's do it the pleasant way. I'm not interested to be in crowds anyways. Geez. It's not like we're living in Italy where there's three generations of a family living under a single roof. Fuck no.

Already well-trained in this social isolation bit. Don't need my freedom of space to be taken away as well... ?

8 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

this coronavirus induced economic collapse is the greatest thing to happen to the world in the recent memory.  if you aren't preparing for a post-capitalist society and aligning yourself with impending anarchy and communism you're bluepilled as fuck

i do hope this isnt serious

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

My only face-to-face human contact anymore is basically the cashier at the supermarket. Having very minimal social life is finally paying off.

If you - generalised you - are colourblind you might not see the difference anyways. Perhaps zeff needs to realise everybody is colourblind in this aspect. Might give him a bit more of a humanist approach to life.

@zkomour supermarkets are already cashier-free. just scan your products and throw some digital money into a machine. that's it.